Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Discover has grown to become one of the top five direct banks in the United States since its founding in 1986, and today is well positioned to pursue its vision to be the leading direct bank and payments partner. The company issues the Discover card and is a leader in other banking products that include private student loans, personal and home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, as well as certificates of deposit. It also operates the Discover Global Network, which is comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world.
Discover has established a strong track record of performance since becoming an independent, publicly traded company in 2007. For 10 years, it was the top-performing stock in the S&P 500 Financials Index and the company has grown total loans from $48 billion in 2007 to $96 billion in 2019, deposits from $25 billion to $73 billion, network volume from $186 billion to $403 billion, and net income from $0.6 billion to $2.9 billion.
Discover’s performance is driven by 18,000+ employees who are united by shared values and who are committed to making a difference every day for our customers, owners, communities and one another. Thanks to these employees, Discover receives awards and recognition year-in and year-out for innovative products and features, workplace quality, corporate citizenship, and for providing an industry leading customer experience based on 100% U.S.-based customer service.
Plans and executes internal communications that further employee engagement, build culture and help drive company performance.
- Directs efforts of internal communications and channels through development of compelling content via interactive channels that drive engagement and build community. Optimize feedback and adapt as needed
- Develops executive communications designed to motivate and focus organization, build culture and set a tone. Responsible for production of CEO messages, presentations, road shows, town halls and all employee forums
- Provides strategic counsel, planning and execution of communications that align with employee needs and business goals. Works with leadership and partners across the organization to develop and support a broad range of internal communications initiatives and events
- Create end-to-end change management communications plans for corporate initiatives
- Develops and oversees execution of recognition programs that inspire employee engagement and support Discover's Vision, Mission, priorities, Values and Behaviors
- Responsible for leadership and development of team. Provides new thinking and approaches to drive results and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of internal communications via all channels
- Keeps apprised of relevant industry, company and business unit developments while maintaining finger on pulse of employees
- Bachelors degree in Communications or related field
- 10+ years of internal communications, external communications, community affairs or related experience
- Experience providing counsel, influence and challenge to the thinking of business leaders
- In lieu of education experience, 12+ years of internal communications, external communications, community affairs or related experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.