Director, Marketing - Deposits at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Discover has grown to become one of the top five direct banks in the United States since its founding in 1986, and today is well positioned to pursue its vision to be the leading direct bank and payments partner. The company issues the Discover card and is a leader in other banking products that include private student loans, personal and home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, as well as certificates of deposit. It also operates the Discover Global Network, which is comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world.
Discover has established a strong track record of performance since becoming an independent, publicly traded company in 2007. For 10 years, it was the top-performing stock in the S&P 500 Financials Index and the company has grown total loans from $48 billion in 2007 to $96 billion in 2019, deposits from $25 billion to $73 billion, network volume from $186 billion to $403 billion, and net income from $0.6 billion to $2.9 billion.
Discover’s performance is driven by 18,000+ employees who are united by shared values and who are committed to making a difference every day for our customers, owners, communities and one another. Thanks to these employees, Discover receives awards and recognition year-in and year-out for innovative products and features, workplace quality, corporate citizenship, and for providing an industry leading customer experience based on 100% U.S.-based customer service.
- This role will provide leadership to ensure continued growth of the Deposits products within the Discover family of products. This director will work with senior management to build and lead the marketing strategy and campaign execution to drive growth. With strength in both upper funnel awareness building as well as channel optimization and efficiency, this director oversees the annual marketing budget and a team of experienced marketing professionals to drive customer acquisition growth.This leader is a key member of the deposits leadership team and reports directly to the VP, Marketing and Product Management for Deposits.
- Lead the marketing strategy, development and execution for the direct-to-consumer deposits products to drive growth of deposits and relationships for new customers as well as with existing portfolio customers. This includes balancing the marketing of five different deposit products (checking, savings, CD, IRA CD, and IRA Savings) to distinct audiences and customer needs
- Direct the businesses advertising, positioning, messaging and communications strategy in order to successfully build brand/product awareness and consideration. Responsible for all creative development - manages strategy and engagement of agencies. Accountable for brand voice, look and feel, and all prospect interactions
- Manage and optimize campaigns across a variety of marketing channels including direct mail, email, paid search, paid media, Content/SEO. Manage marketing drive calendar and coordinates marketing activities across multiple, concurrent efforts. Identify key performance indicators, and in particularly, metrics that drive financial results. Assess the cost efficiency of strategies and improve them through optimization of campaigns
- Negotiate and manage media and creative agency partners to extend team capabilities, drive efficiencies, and enhance innovation
- Manage expense forecasting and billing to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Leads baseline industry, competitive and customer research to develop a comprehensive view of target markets and marketing strategies.
- Manage, retain and develop a talented team of marketing professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related. Master’s degree highly preferred
- 10+ years of marketing, product management, communications or related
- Savvy performance marketer (channel optimization is a must) and who also has experience with branding and leading creative development. Digital channel management experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, low ego, strong collaborative and inclusive style
- Experience managing and developing a team
- Track record as a trusted advisor and business partner - driving business insights, actions, and accountability, with a customer service-oriented attitude
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.