Director, Marketing - Digital Healthcare at Walgreens
Responsible for strategic digital marketing direction and implementation for a new consumer-centric, start-up healthcare experience across digital and physical properties within the healthcare space. Responsible for leading, defining, implementing, and overseeing marketing strategies, policies, and initiatives for assigned functions. Collaborates closely with our core partners in the spaces of healthcare, digital product, and marketing. Identifies barriers to organizational success to drive and support appropriate change. This position works closely with the Marketing Vice President in an effort to develop and implement departmental goals, objectives, and systems that correspond with the organizational strategy.
The successful candidate will deeply be understand consumer interactions within the healthcare space, have deep healthcare knowledge/expertise and be effective working with a start-up mindset/hands-on approach while operating inside an established, trusted brand with significant national scale.
- Leads the marketing team to determine and implement the strategy to recruit and activate patients and create engaging healthcare experiences.
- Acts as the senior marketing voice in the initiative leadership team. Is responsible to identify, develop, and implement appropriate approaches, content, processes, and resources that deliver powerful marketing impact.
- Identifies and builds organization support around marketing opportunities consistent with business objectives.
- Provides leadership to the marketing team to drive success for the initiative and develop marketing capabilities.
- Delivers presentations and provides reports for the business to provide marketing information which may include marketing trends, competition, new products, and pricing.
- Works with external vendors, partners and third parties to develop and maintain positive relationships. Builds and enhances internal and external partnerships.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least six (6) years of marketing or advertising experience OR a High School/GED and at least nine (9) years of marketing or advertising experience
- Experience with Marketing Strategy development in a healthcare context
- Knowledge of the methods, principles, and practices of marketing, advertising, and/or publishing including performance marketing, digital acquisition, brand marketing, and retail marketing
- Deep industry and subject matter expertise in healthcare and driving patient outcomes
- Experience launching new brands; finding product market fit, developing resonant brand expression, finding early adopter segments, etc.
- Experience managing direct to consumer Omni-channel campaigns with multiple touchpoints along the customer journey
- Experience presenting and influencing a diverse audience
- Experience initiating and driving opportunities independently, while operating in a complex organization
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives)
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as marketing, communications, or business administration.
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Experience within a digital Healthcare organization with outcomes & cost expertise OR within a Payor, Provider, and/or Outcomes Management organization
- Experience working in both a large, complex organization and a smaller start-up company
- Experience working with project/campaign budgets.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).