Email Marketing Associate
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
We’re looking for a talented Email Marketing Associate who is ready to take the next step in their career. This role will be focused on improving efforts in one of our core communication channels, helping employees to save on the things that matter most to them.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 850 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and United Airlines to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology -- specifically machine learning and AI -- to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About the Role
PerkSpot is looking for an ambitious Email Marketing Associate to help support our communications team. PerkSpot enables companies to build a culture of employee recognition and appreciation because we know that happier employees create a more productive business. As a member of the Marketing team, you’ll have your hands in a little bit of everything - how we engage with our clients’ employees, growing awareness for PerkSpot among HR professionals, and always going above and beyond to delight our clients. This role will lead one of our core email marketing campaigns, as well as support our weekly lifestyle newsletter. As a small team however, everyone is always willing to jump in and lend a helping hand with any of our ongoing projects. This means we are all constantly learning and growing together as a team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about marketing and looking to grow their skills and expertise.
A successful candidate will have:
- 1-3 years experience in marketing-focused role. Email marketing experience is a plus but not a necessity. We are willing to teach the right, motivated person.
- Strong technical skills - you may not be familiar with HTML, but you know you can quickly pick it up.
- Numbers come easily to you, and you enjoy analyzing data to guide your decisions.
- Attention to detail is your strong suit - you don’t like letting things slip, and if they do, you are quick to figure out ways to improve the process to ensure it doesn’t happen the next time.
- A team player, always looking for ways to improve and willing to pitch in on any project needed.
- Strong work ethic is at your core, and you are constantly looking to grow and learn.
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is huge at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business, as well as gain a better understanding of the HR industry in general.
- Learn our email process, and become a pro at HTML. You’ll soon be leading one of our core email communications, and we’ll have you immediately jump into the process.
- Assist in the creation of our weekly newsletter and dedicated emails from our discount partners reaching millions of employees.
- Perform A/B tests to help improve our email marketing strategies and processes.
Throughout Your Career Here
- Lead our main weekly email marketing campaign, and develop a deep understanding of what drives campaign performance.
- Own reporting for individual campaigns, and assist in tracking trends in email engagement metrics.
- Stay well versed in new email marketing trends, pushing the team forward with innovative ideas and the ability to execute them.
- Learn how a Fortune 500 company communicates to their employees and brainstorm new ways to engage with them.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.