Email Marketing Strategist
What you do at Avant:
- Lead email marketing strategy and development with the goal of driving growth, from new customer acquisition to nurturing and re-engagement campaigns.
- Develop framework for Avants core loan product that can be scaled as additional products are supported.
- Actively learn and apply knowledge of best practices, previous campaign performance, and your own creative ideas to improve list growth and list yield
- Build automated email campaigns from end to end, from customer segmentation, creation of creative assets (with design team) and validation of sends.
- Execute a thoughtful A/B and multivariate testing regimen (subject lines, layout, creative, time + frequency, segmentation, etc.)
- Track and report on email performance KPIs and use to drive further optimizations (Deliverability, opt out rate, click through, conversion, etc)
- Partner with data analytics team to ensure proper list hygiene and drive additional data needs/inputs.
- Collaborate with legal & compliance to ensure we are growing in a responsible manner
- Be our inhouse email communication expert, provide valuable insights across departments (ie. provide operational or transactional email enhancement)
What you might own at Avant:
- Analyze customer behavioral data to tease out customer segmentation that drives improved yield
- Build out content marketing capabilities to keep “out of market” customers engaged with Avant and top-of-mind
- Create a marketing communications preference customer interface (ie. opt in/out)
- Partner with our credit card + Powered By Avant team to build out an email lifecycle program from the ground up
Why you are fit for Avant:
- 3-5 years work experience in Marketing, with at least 3 years of email marketing experience where you were directly responsible for a variety of email programs
- Experience working with Responsys
- HTML and basic CSS coding knowledge
- Strong understanding of customer lifecycle marketing, segmentation and testing strategies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data and metrics to continually optimize marketing campaigns
- Strong project management chops to juggle competing priorities and and deliver them on time
- A passion for problem solving
- Working knowledge and understanding on how to navigate SQL databases
- A self-starter - always thinking about how things can be done better and then executing on that vision (did we say optimization focused!?)
- Naturally detail-oriented; you make sure that all i’s are dotted and t’s crossed
- Familiarity with personal finance topics and strong interest and passion for the “fintech” industry
Why Avant is a fit for you: At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:We value, support, and help each other growWe are committed to active inclusion and diversityWe are transparent and believe the best idea winsWe succeed when our customers succeedWe get sh!t done… responsiblyAnd we keep it fun! We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.