Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $4 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, analytical, resourceful and customer-centric marketer to join our CRM team. The CRM team is responsible for driving client activation, product adoption and engagement, while staying true to our vision of empowering financial well-being.
In this role, you will serve as the subject matter expert for one or more segments of the client lifecycle. You will be focused on driving sign-ups, engagement, cross-sell and retention, ensuring healthy funnel progression for the segments you’re responsible for. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class strategies & multi-channel campaigns to deliver the right message to the right customer at the right time through the right channel.
As the marketing lead for your segment(s), you will own the initiative roadmap, business plans & briefs, journey maps; and you will work with partners across Marketing, Product, Analytics and Operations to build consensus on the strategy and to ensure timely execution of programs.
Our ideal candidate is a Swiss-army-knife lifecycle marketer – a data-driven performance marketer, with a successful track record of designing & driving high performance programs in a fast-paced environment, with a strong understanding of the supporting data & systems; equally adept at defining & communicating strategy and at getting their hands dirty to build campaigns.
What you’ll do
- Create and manage CRM programs - journeys and ad hoc campaigns - to deliver business impact by driving product adoption, platform engagement, product cross-sell, retention and encouraging healthy financial habits across various client segments and M1 products; across multiple channels – owned & paid, while driving personalization at scale.
- Manage end-to-end planning and execution of programs - covering journey maps, project briefs, project plans, creative briefs, testing & targeting, messaging strategy, campaign operations, post-campaign reporting – all while ensuring clear and timely communication with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify key touchpoints and opportunities to identify target segments and develop impactful experiences for our clients.
- Develop quarterly and annual roadmaps – covering strategies, tests and program launches - to drive CRM goals and priorities, building consensus with core stakeholders across M1.
- Collaborate with the Analytics team to create reporting and dashboards in order to better understand segment/campaign performance, and to develop insights to inform future initiatives and strategies.
- 4-7 years of experience in B2C demand generation, lifecycle, growth, or email marketing in a high-performing team and company or agency with aggressive growth goals.
- A track-record of driving business results through effective multi-channel marketing campaigns,
- Proven experience in building customer journey maps, A/B testing and driving personalization at scale.
- Expertise in using ESPs or similar marketing automation technology; extra points for Salesforce Marketing Cloud knowledge.
- Equal parts strategic and tactical, with a proven ability to develop strategic marketing plans and rolling up your sleeves to make it happen.
- Analytical and structured thinker who can conceive salient ideas from complex information and clearly communicate those ideas to stakeholders.
- Skilled at planning, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities, while in tight collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Experience with analytics and data tools, with big plus for capabilities to write queries against a data set.
- Experience and understanding of finance or the finance industry is a plus. Demonstrated interest in personal finance is a big plus.
- Takes as much pride in seeing their team win as they do in seeing themselves win.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to challenge the status quo, while seeing the positive and opportunity in challenges.
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits to our actions.
- Team oriented: In working together, we maintain low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud if our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym