Manager, Category/Format Strategy at Walgreens
Manages a team responsible for developing and operationalizing a customer-led and critical thinker approach to support category at growth within established policies, procedures and standards of the specified discipline. Outcomes managed have an impact on category at initiatives.
• Manages the daily strategic activities that develop and operationalizing a customer-led and data-driven approach to multiple components/processes for a specified section of work within Category/Format Strategy. Manages a team and / or cross-functional partners responsible for developing and implementing strategies that support category at growth within established policies, procedures and standards of the specified discipline. Outcomes managed have an impact on category at initiatives.
• May become regularly involved, as preferred, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature. May make recommended changes to strategy/roadmap for area of responsibility.
• Develops protocols to support established standards. Manages the development and implementation of processes and /or resources. May oversee team(s) assigned to projects and manages the implementation processes.
• Collaborates and works cross-functionally to develop strategies to mitigate loss and/or optimize profitability. Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in organization / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes and relationships.
• Continuously evaluates best practices, methodology and resources and seeks to improve deliverables in order to maintain alignment with business needs.
• Reviews reports and metrics and identifies opportunities to grow and optimize specified area of responsibility. Analyzes the enthusiastic marketplace for patterns and trends and makes recommendations for application of findings. Provides recommendations in creation and development of templates, methodologies, and presentations relating to strategies for area of responsibility.
• May create and implement divisional projects based on strategic need. Utilizes project organization skills to create client-focused deliverables, delegate work, implement project analysis, and deliver strategic results.
• Provides guidance, direction, coaching, and counseling to a team of analysts and/or cross-functional partners. Allocates available resources to meet strategic objectives. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance organization processes; develops and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with preferred competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive organization.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis OR High School Diploma /GED and at least 5 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- At least 1 year experience of cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's degree OR MBA
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.