Manager, Media Strategy & Planning at Walgreens
The Manager, Media Planning and Strategy will be responsible for developing audience-led media strategy and activation plans to achieve performance-based outcomes. This role will partner with internal and external experts in an agile environment to champion a holistic audience-led approach to all marketing communications, paid and owned, with end to end focus on media activation. They will also bring a highly analytical background with an in-depth knowledge of precision media leveraging 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data.
- Develops strategic marketing plans to ensure the attainment of business unit objectives; increased brand recognition; and enhanced market position.
- Works collaboratively with Marketing Services team and other corporate shared service teams to develop and execute marketing plans to include, but not be limited to advertising campaigns, promotional programs, public relations activities, event strategies, online marketing programs, in-store marketing events, or mass media such as television and radio programs.
- Creates unique and differentiated value propositions and crafts messaging tailored to various customer and channel segments.
- Develops and executes programs to drive optimal customer satisfaction, interaction and loyalty.
- Establishes metrics and measurement plans to pinpoint effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics on sales, retention and satisfaction.
- Maintains a deep and thorough knowledge of products and services, business models, operations, competition, and the industry.
- Defines marketplace and customer research needs, priorities and scope; analyzes results and determines actionable takeaways; and makes recommendations to business partners to enhance product/service offerings and/or enhance the customer experience.
- Develops and manages business unit marketing budgets.
- Collaborates with Operations to develop communications programs aimed at enabling local activation of marketing programs and improving employee awareness and compliance.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of marketing experience OR a high school diploma and at least 5 years of marketing experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with marketing project management.
- At least 2 years of experience presenting and reporting on marketing project plans and cost benefit analyses to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Experience in managing teams across business units.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, managing teams across business units, and collaborating with internal resources, external resources to develop strategies, developing and delivering presentations, and communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- At least 1 years experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and at least 5 years of experience in strategic marketing or product marketing preferably in health and wellness industry.
- Experience in Retail Marketing or Retail Media Strategy/Activation
- Experience developing and using strategic brand architecture to inform further branding decisions.
- Experience guiding the creation of brand guidelines and socializing throughout an organization.
- Experience working on loyalty or rewards programs.
- Experience leading and driving the development of new or established brands to deliver annual sales and profit targets.
- Experience developing platforms from strategy, to concept to commercialization.