Marketing and Sales Operations - Remote at Black Spectacles
Do you take your time to make decisions and avoid risk by adherence to process and procedure? Are you a strong problem solver within your niche of knowledge? Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place?
It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We are on the hunt for a Marketing and Sales Operations expert.
The mission of this role is to unify and optimize marketing and sales operations by implementing best practices, owning our tech stack, and developing the processes needed to help our teams run efficiently.
- Manage administration and expand the use of HubSpot as the marketing automation, CMS and CRM platform, optimizing our usage and integrations
- Coordinate strategy with sales, marketing, and development/data sciences teams to ensure our marketing and sales technology helps us to hit our goals
- Serve as the HubSpot expert, pushing forward best practices on both the sales and marketing teams
- Update the marketing and sales team’s processes to mirror best practices
Database Maintenance & Reporting
- Manage database hygiene and optimization; develop/execute strategy for monitoring and partner with our development team to improve gaps in data health and marketing automation performance
- Integrate new products into our marketing/sales tech stack as required
- Drive alignment between marketing and sales on joint metrics and ensure operational support for the sales development team
- Support development of a comprehensive reporting infrastructure that can capture advertiser activation, retention, churn, and revenue impact from individual level to the channel level
- Increase our access to data that allows us to power our B2B sales and B2C marketing funnels. Develop new attribution and tracking methodologies that measure the ROI of new and existing marketing programs (i.e. paid, organic, sponsored events, nurture programs, etc.)
- Ensure successful configuration, implementation, and maintenance of all marketing programs within HubSpot
- Create QA processes, dashboards, and alerting on automated marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with members of our team to help them build and optimize transactional and automated messaging flows
- Manage our library of marketing and sales enablement assets within HubSpot
- Implement and optimize lead/account scoring and lead/account routing methodologies to ensure highest quality leads are passed and prioritized appropriately for qualification
CMS / Website Administration
- Partner with marketing, sales, and UX/UI designers for ongoing review and enhancement of Black Spectacles’ websites through content management and design; ensuring accuracy, consistency and alignment with overall business strategies
- Launch custom landing pages, blog posts, lead capture forms, and other content as needed to support marketing campaigns, ensuring complete attribution and source tracking
- Own data governance and opt out compliance
- Leverage analytics, market research and usability testing to create and continuously enhance ongoing content and design strategy
- 2-5 years experience in sales operations, marketing operations, or similar
- 2-5 years previous admin experience with SFDC.
- 2-5 years experience with website management in WordPress, HubSpot, or similar CMS
- Strong project management skills and ability to influence without authority
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Technical aptitude, analytical mindset, and strong interpersonal skills
- HubSpot Marketing Certification
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills
- SQL skills a plus
- Must be able to travel to Chicago for quarterly team meetings (post-pandemic)
- Work from wherever policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance.
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly (virtual!) social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.