We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. With almost 1M active users last year, we incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. After just closing a $20 million series C round of funding, we’re fueled for growth. We’re ready to enhance our product offering, extend our position in the education and training industry, and scale our (humble) team.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable and hard-working Strategic Events/ Social Coordinator to help us plan and execute events for the marketing team. This position will be responsible for managing the brand experience and providing onsite support at events nationwide, as well as managing our editorial calendars for our social and blog channels.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Manage all event logistics including registration, contracts, onsite logistics, booth layouts, staffing, shipping, vendors, supplies, etc.
- Work with VP of Marketing to set individual goals and measurable objectives for each event
- Work with the Internal Design Department on all creative event needs, ensuring brand standards are met and maintained at all activations
- Manage projects with external vendors, maintaining the best possible relationship with all partners and working with those vendors to ensure timely, cost-effective execution of materials
- Manage on-site staff on event goals, booth etiquette, and event procedures by hosting pre-event meetings and onsite coaching
- Budgeting and financial planning for all events and associated entities
- Work with 3rd party vendors on preparing, packing, and shipping event materials
- Provide post-show reporting immediately following each event
- Manage event itineraries and run of shows
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Communications or relevant study of coursework
- You have 1-3 years of experience in an event or trade show role
- You are passionate about the Ed Tech space
- You are a "whatever it takes" type of person who gets the job done and always with a positive attitude
- You have excellent time management skills and know how to manage an event project; you have a strong attention to detail
- You take on challenges with ease and professionalism, always finding the best solution when things come up (when it comes to events, they always do!)
- You are outgoing, personable and friendly – a champion of our brand both onsite at events and in the office
- You love to travel and enjoy spending time in new cities
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.