We’re a growing company, and we need a strong marketer to support our efforts in implementing our brand in the market!
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team to help us grow our B2B efforts, along with expanding our reach in each area of our business.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 800 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology -- specifically machine learning and AI -- to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About the Role
This is a new position for PerkSpot as we look to grow our communications among new and existing clients, as well as the employees that they serve. We want this role to serve as a partner to Sales, Account Management, and Product in building marketing strategies for each stakeholder to help achieve their goals. The right person should be strategic in driving new initiatives and processes, as well as have a willingness to be hands on as they help execute on the initiatives. This role is perfect for someone that takes initiative and is eager to learn and grow.
A successful candidate will have:
- 6+ years experience in marketing, B2B marketing highly desirable
- Experience managing and leading projects with multiple teams
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience driving awareness through content
- Paid advertising experience, including managing a budget and showcasing ROI a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful for the sake of completing projects and initiatives
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is big at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business.
- Learn what we are currently doing with our Sales, Account Management, and Product teams and propose new projects and initiatives to improve processes and communication.
- Jump in and help with copywriting needs for communication materials. We’re a small team and all support one another to push initiatives through our pipeline.
Throughout Your Career Here
- Own multiple projects and initiatives from creation to completion. For example, dive into how we communicate with our clients and promote the value of PerkSpot. Create a multi-touch marketing strategy to improve this communication, creating assets and talking points for our Client Success team to utilize throughout the year.
- Dive into our current strategy for social media and our blog, analyzing ways that we could improve and expand our efforts to reach more HR executives.
- Create strategies around marketing collateral, working alongside our Marketing Designer and Copywriter to produce compelling pieces for our Sales, Account Management, and Merchant teams.
- Be involved with launching several new products for our users, supporting launches and growth initiatives through different communications.
- Grow your marketing skills needed to complete different projects with the goal of expanding PerkSpot’s presence, as well as developing yourself professionally. This could mean growing your experience with email marketing, reaching 5M users, or assisting in the creation of marketing materials using the Adobe suite.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.