Marketing Specialist - Multicultural & Local Marketing at Walgreens
Participates in creating and delivering marketing programs to support the growth and expansion of Walgreens products and services. Develops presentations and provides reports based on information collected such as marketing trends, competition, new products, and pricing.
- Assists in developing and implementing marketing programs to support Walgreens products and services.
- Works individually or with a team in recommending action, scheduling and planning projects, estimating cost and managing projects to completion.
- May identify and recommend marketing opportunities consistent with business objectives; provides marketing support to throughout the organization.
- May work to identify and implement marketing strategies and programs in collaboration business teams. Communicates new ideas to manager.
- Develops presentations and reports for the business to provide marketing information which may include marketing trends, competition, new products, and pricing.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of marketing or advertising experience.
- Knowledge of the methods, principles, and practices of marketing, advertising, and/or publishing.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field such as marketing, communications, or business administration.
- Master’s Degree or MBA.
- Bilingual in English-Spanish, written and verbal
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).