Mgr, Social Media, Zoro Tools
Zoro is hiring a Social Media Manager for our Brand Development Team located in our Buffalo Grove, IL office. We are looking for entrepreneurial-minded talent that thrives in a collaborative environment focusing on collective solutions that drive additional business and continually improves the customer experience.
We are seeking an experienced social media expert to join our Brand Development team of eCommerce, marketing, and design professionals that will administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising. This person should be highly motivated, creative, and have a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion will come through as this person engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
This person is ideally someone who has previous experience managing multiple social media platforms for a brand or agency and has a unique knack for capitalizing on relevant social trends to advance the business objectives.
The Social Media Manager’s job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop and implement a social media marketing plan that aligns with the team’s overall goals of growing brand awareness to drive business customer acquisition.
- Identifying appropriate goals and KPI’s to track performance of the social media activities.
- Own and actively manage the social media marketing budget that helps amplify the customer acquisition and retention efforts of the organization.
- Measuring and analyzing the effectiveness of social media activities and sharing key learning broadly.
- Daily management of sequential paid and non-paid social marketing programs that drive users throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Serve as social platform subject matter expert – understanding trends and working with teams to implement findings into strategies quickly and efficiently
- Work with the Acquisition and Direct Marketing teams to: a) grow new customer base and increase order frequency amongst existing customers through social ads; b) coordinate audiences for existing customer base and target new ones.
- Work with the Promo and Brand teams to understand the promo and brand message calendars and ensure the social media content builds on those broader initiatives.
- Work with the Zoro SEO Manager to come up with social media ideas that align with our SEO efforts.
- Working with the creative agency to create and leverage brand assets on social media platforms.
- Continuously execute A/B tests to improve performance of this channel.
- Partner with designers to ensure creative assets are optimized for performance.
- BA or BS degree required, preferably with focus on communication, advertising, &/or marketing.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience developing content and managing social properties in a business environment.
- Demonstrable experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
- Demonstrable experience leveraging social media management and analytics tools, with platforms such as SproutSocial and Google Analytics.
- Demonstrable experience with writing, editing, and crafting content for the social media space.
- Demonstrable experience with photography and/or photo editing software (Photoshop).
- Demonstrable experience with B2B or B2C community building and management.
- Team player and ability to work effectively with multiple cross-functional groups.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Results driven and able to meet multiple deadlines.
- Detail oriented and organized.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.