Online Community Manager at Black Spectacles
Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for an Online Community Manager who is eager to use their expertise to manage and contribute to our online community.
Your work will include developing a content plan and strategy for our online forum. You'll provoke activity, create content and respond to our users. You will be the voice of the community via daily moderation, reviewing discussions, replying and probing on posts and escalating member feedback.
You seek out information with an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people or issues. You naturally place emphasis on creating customer loyalty by delivering on commitments to customers with clear, concise information. You're able deal effectively with pressure and remain optimistic and persistent under adversity and can solve problems openly and objectively in an unemotional manner.
- 2-3 years experience in community management or similar field
- Must be able to work in Chicago 3 days a week
- Prior experience with client/project management
- Clear and concise written and verbal skills
- Understands how a community platform works
- Can synthesize and create engaging content
- Builds positive relationships with key members in the architecture community
- Passion for branding, marketing and social media; drive for always learning and staying up to date in the industry
- Must be able to travel to Chicago for quarterly team meetings
- 'Work from wherever' policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.