Paid Search Specialist, Zoro at Zoro
Role: e-Commerce Paid Search Specialist
Location: Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
Imagine what you could help us achieve as a Paid Search Specialist!
To support our plans for expansion in 2019 and beyond we are searching for an e-Commerce Paid Search Specialist. This position can work out of our office in Buffalo Grove or downtown Chicago (right in the Ogilvie Train Station Building). Our Buffalo Grove office is also accessible via public transportation (Metra/Pace from Chicago to Antioch).
The Paid Search Specialist reports to the Director of Paid Search to develop, manage, and grow SEM campaigns.
- Support and work closely with Paid Search Managers to develop and expand SEM campaigns and strategies (PLA and text ads)
- Monitor performance, test and optimize ad copy, ad extensions, audiences and landing pages for SEM campaigns based on best practices and data
- Analyze and report on account performance and testing initiatives to enable data driven decisions
- Pace daily spend towards budget, optimize bids and manage campaign expenses while achieving monthly goals
- Communicate and work closely with external vendors and partners, including but not limited to, Key Suppliers, Google and Bing
- Identify key trends and patterns in the digital and e-commerce markets and work with the team to brainstorm new projects to test
- Cross-collaborate with other internal departments on various projects
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a business-related field (Marketing, Business, Advertising, etc…)
- 1-3 years of work experience required in paid search or digital marketing preferably working on retail campaigns
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Google Ads and Bing Ads (Certifications in both is a plus)
- Experience using digital & web analytics such as Google Analytics is preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is results driven and resourceful
- Strong spreadsheet modeling (Excel pivot tables and vlookup) and PowerPoint presentation creation skills
- Basic understanding of statistics and testing methods (i.e. A/B Testing)
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL, BigQuery, R and/or other query tools on large databases is a plus
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.