Product Marketing Manager
BenchPrep Product Marketing Manager
Based in Chicago, BenchPrep is the leading provider of an advanced white label online learning platform and enables the world's leading education and training companies to deliver best-in-class digital learning programs. The company’s modern cloud-based platform is transforming the professional education space, with many of the largest credentialing bodies, associations, and training organizations in the world now delivering learning programs through BenchPrep. Customers include ACT, Becker Professional Education, AAMC, CFA Institute, CompTIA, GMAC, Institute for Supply Management, ASCM, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, NCBE, ProLiteracy, HR Certification Institute, Richardson Sales Training, Hobsons, McGraw Hill Education, OnCourse Learning, and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. More than 4 million learners have used BenchPrep’s platform to attain academic and professional success. To discover more about BenchPrep, please visit www.benchprep.com.
The modern world demands a better learning experience that is personalized to learners and delivers content in whatever format the learner needs. We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager who understands that our customers are customers because BenchPrep makes a difference in our learners’ lives. What’s more? We know that we increase revenue and efficiency for the companies we work with and we are looking for a product marketer who knows how to tell that story.
Our Product Marketer will play a crucial role in positioning our products/services the right way to the right people because he/she will have a deep understanding of our target customers and how our products and services fulfill their needs.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be a responsible for telling the story of our product. You will be expected to be our chief advocate for a specific feature set and its benefits. Additionally, you will be charged with crafting the strategy around the messaging and marketing for new launches.
- Together with the product team and marketing teams, educate both internal and external stakeholders about our product features and their benefits
- Create product content (i.e. sales enablement documentation, case studies, product videos, website copy, blog posts, forum responses) to articulate the benefits of our products
- Be the resident training expert, and devise programs for the sales teams that ensures they are knowledgeable and comfortable communicating the BenchPrep products and services to customers
- Create or edit buyer personas as market changes or new products emerge
- Map products and solutions to customer pain points
- Become a skilled marketing communicator who can translate complex technical ideas into straight-forward business values, balancing data-driven rigor with actionable insights
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement
- Keep a finger on the pulse of our competition, and develop strategies and tactics to reduce the threat
- Act as the “messenger of the market” from the outside-in to the rest of the organization
- Assist members of our sales team on calls with prospects when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our product
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage
- Conduct monthly webinars to help educate audiences and drive leads
- Collaborate with product development teams to develop product launch plans; and work with marketing teams to implement communication to external market
- Influence the product roadmap and communicate it to the Benchprep stakeholders; work with marketing to communicate and implement globally
- BA/BS degree
- 5-7 years experience in product marketing and/or product management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills -- there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Proficiency in content management systems. You will be expected to build product pages, optimize the conversion paths on those pages, and use dynamic calls-to-action to create and test buyer stage-specific calls-to-action
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring the product to life. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates and prospects
- Some travel to trade shows or events where the product is showcased
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Experience with best practice agile scrum development and lean startup principles