Senior Manager, Customer Experience Marketing Technology Platforms at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Customer Engagement Platform (CEP) value stream is seeking a Senior Manager for the Customer Experience Marketing Technology Platforms team. This management position will be managing 3 – 4 agile teams (scrum and kanban), requires strong coaching skills, and requires wearing several leadership hats – strategy, change agent & talent acquisition. The role requires proactive leadership, looking for signs on what is working and what is not in the teams and coach the teams to be successful in delivery. This position is somewhat unique as it demands expertise in a number of key technology disciplines:
- architecture/strategic thought leadership for transforming/modernizing customer experience platforms
- engineering experience in successful implementations/oversight of third party platforms
- application development expertise to lead developers in integrating of these tools into our websites
- oversight of production/operations responsibilities for ensuring these platforms are highly available for our websites
The candidate for this position must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and motivate team members and stakeholders. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to think strategically, innovatively and creatively, and have the passion to embrace and drive new ideas in the company with the ability to weigh risk and benefits for initiatives.
Responsible for the application ownership, development delivery, and support for value streams. Manages a team, including hiring, directing, mentoring, and assigning work.
- Understand new technology capabilities needed to acquire and develop programmer/developer talent
- Acquire, develop, coach, mentor programmer/developer talent (employees and contracted resources)
- Manage and coach several scrum teams ensuring their success through driving problem solving and implementation of automation efforts
- Coaches and mentors team members.
- Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals.
- Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Provide oversight to their application/technical platform ensuring that it is secure, stable, and being managed appropriately at a system level.
- Work with Architects to ensure technology is driving efficiency & additional benefits for day to day operation of the application
- Partner with the Business to understand how the application is adding value to our customers
- Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations.
- Utilizes tools to support data-driven decision making.
- Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
If we had our say, we’d also look for
- 5+ years of experience in Customer Experience/Marketing Technology tools:
- Content Management/Digital Asset Management tools
- Analytics platforms
- Personalization and A/B Multivariate tools
- Tag Management Systems
- Session Capture platforms
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Experience with java development in both Websphere and PCF
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.