Senior Manager, Growth Marketing Strategy at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Growth Marketing team works closely with Card Acquisition leadership team, and plays a critical role in analyzing business performance, developing data-driven business cases, and optimizing our multi-year growth strategy. Our focus is on acquiring new Cardmembers, delivering award-winning customer experiences, and driving continuous innovation.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the development of strategies to drive top line growth across all Card products. The role aids the Growth Marketing Director and Channel Directors to develop key deliverables such as strategic and operating plans and craft presentations for key stakeholders (e.g., investors, Discover's Board of Directors). In addition, you will build data-driven business cases that deliver new growth. You’ll work under minimal supervision.
- Defines and scopes project requests, works with the team to develop work plans, delegates work streams, and executes some work streams. Structures analyses, frames data requests, and develops fact-based solutions and recommendations.
- Assists senior leaders to translate ambiguous requests into clearly defined problem statements. Develops, implements, and maintains an ongoing screening and prioritization mechanism for new project opportunities.
- Tracks the implementation of key initiatives developed, based on team recommendations. Leads group meetings that include senior executives.
- Develops, implements, and maintains an ongoing screening and prioritization mechanism for new project opportunities that enable periodic realignment of resources. Constructs and achieves effective adoption of strategic planning/performance improvement tools and processes to enable Consumer Banking business units to achieve strategic objectives.
- Serves as a thought partner to the Vice Presidents and Senior Vice Presidents in Consumer Banking to identify, structure, and manage delivery of analysis that will drive key decisions.
- Coordinates with business unit project management teams and line of business finance teams to track and evaluate the implementation of key initiatives stemming from the team's analysis. Tracks progress against the annual plan.
- Manages the creation of presentations to the President of US Card.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts & Sciences, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Financial Services, Management Consulting, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in people management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, Management Consulting, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, Management Consulting, or related field
- Lean, Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement experience, or related certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.