The Senior Manager, Media Strategy & Planning will be responsible for developing lead a team that develops audience-led media strategy and activation plans to achieve brand and performance-based outcomes. This role will partner with internal and external experts in an agile environment to champion a holistic audience-led approach to all marketing communications, paid and owned, with end to end focus on media activation. They will craft scalable media strategies to support the total business, craft creative media ideas and bring a strategic and analytical background with an in-depth knowledge all media, data and technology.
- Accountable for the management of the daily operational activities that develop and implement multiple components / processes for a specified section of work or a major section of work within the digital space, such as Merchandising, eHealth, Photo, User Experience, Strategy, Operations, On-line Technology and/or Marketing.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- Develops protocols to support established standards. Oversees team(s) assigned to projects and may manage implementations.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Oversees the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Makes recommendations for specified area of responsibility regarding the operating plans of the functional unit, then, based on prevailing conditions may realign the daily operations of assigned functional area.
- Develops budget for functional area. Accountable for area budget and delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Reviews reports and metrics and identifies opportunities to grow and optimize consumer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives. . Reviews and analyzes the competitive marketplace for patterns and trends and may make recommendations/adjustments to operational activities based upon identified information.
- Oversees and manages managers, supervisors and individual contributors. Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in Merchandising, Marketing, eCommerce, Healthcare, Strategy, Finance, IT and/or Operations OR High school / GED and at least 7 years of experience in Merchandising, Marketing, eCommerce, Healthcare, Strategy, Finance, IT and/or Operations.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).