Senior Marketing Integration Engineer at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $5 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
We are looking for a passionate and motivated infrastructure engineer with a passion for marketing to join our Marketing Technology team.
This role will report to the Marketing Technology Manager and be responsible for building, maintaining, and improving our existing marketing technology infrastructure. This position will work closely with fellow marketers, data analysts, engineers, and product managers to help drive growth for the M1 Platform while ensuring the reliability of our data and systems.
Our ideal candidate is a self-driven engineer who is detail-oriented and is an excellent multi-tasker. They should also have solid experience working with customer data, mobile measurement partners, and paid media platforms. This candidate should also have a successful track record of meeting goals in a fast-paced environment with a passion for constant improvement.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our Acquisition Team and our agency partners to implement technology solutions for tracking ad spend and performance
- Collaborate with fellow marketers and data engineering to connect, update, and maintain data connections to marketing platforms
- Monitor, maintain, and periodically troubleshoot data integrity issues that occur with the Marketing Technology infrastructure
- Work with compliance, engineering, and security teams to implement best practices for data quality, governance, integrity, and privacy
- Produce high-quality code with readability, efficiency, and maintainability in mind
- Work with our technology vendors on roadmap items, updates, and general maintenance
- Manage Customer Data Platform integrations and data pipeline
- Create documentation for and present processes, updates, and periodic reports to cross-functional teams and management
- 4+ years of hands-on experience integrating APIs and 2+ years working with marketing data
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Prior experience working with Segment or similar CDP
- Prior experience integrating data with ESPs such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Braze is preferred
- Prior experience integrating data with CRMs such as Salesforce or Hubspot is preferred
- Experience configuring and/or integrating paid media networks such Facebook, Google Ads, or Twitter
- Experience working with JSON data and CSV files
- Experience with data analysis, ETL, and workflow automation is strongly preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics, Firebase, and Google Tag Manager is preferred
- Experience and understanding of the full marketing funnel, respective KPIs, and attribution
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software and technology
- Excellent collaborator and team player
- General knowledge of investing and personal finance or desire to learn
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym