SEO Manager at SpotHero
SpotHero is looking for a dynamic SEO Manager to join our Marketing team. As the SEO Manager, you will be responsible for obtaining organic traffic to SpotHero through search engines, primarily Google. Create impactful content. Focus on measuring and improving metrics surrounding how many visitors come to the SpotHero website and download the SpotHero mobile app. Apply knowledge to new verticals with our organization and work closely with Product to suggest improvements that will benefit SEO through increased top of funnel and conversion metrics.
Who we are:
SpotHero is a $118MM-raised Series D company based in Chicago, US whose mobile & web platforms allows users to quickly and easily find off-street parking across North America.
Ranked at #15 for a Consumer Marketplace (The a16z Marketplace 100) SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across North America use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies (Operators) rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business through our Business Intelligence Tools. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
In 2019 we:
- Parked our 30 millionth car
- We hired 97 people, 40 in Engineering alone
- Added more than 1,300 new parking facilities, exceeding 7,000 facilities across North America
- Added 200 new airport parking facilities serving 61 airports, and launched new partnerships with The Parking Spot, Toronto Pearson International Airport, and The South Terminal at Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Added 300+ new events and venue partners, including the United Center, home of the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks; PPG Paints Arena, home of the Pittsburgh Penguins; Fiserv Forum, home of the Milwaukee Bucks; and the American Airlines Arena, home of the Miami Heat
What you’ll do:
- Test cutting-edge SEO strategies and showcase wins.
- Research, write, update, and manage a roadmap of product development in connection with: on-page SEO optimization and strategy including content, H1s, meta titles and descriptions, URLs, redirects, bots, canonicals, internal linking, navigation, and opportunistic content (i.e., formatting for featured snippets, structured data).
- Leverage recent agency audit of our web properties and recommend improvements to internal stakeholders and transition related responsibilities in house over a period of about one quarter.
- Perform industry analyses to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Recommend, prioritize, implement (and/or collaborate with Product and Engineering teams), and measure SEO changes.
- Build and maintain ongoing site wide and city-by-city reporting.
- Research, qualify, contact, and secure strategic link building opportunities.
- Analyze differences in user behavior across web, mobile, and tablet devices.
- Define an SEO-centric content strategy and editorial process for content on SpotHero’s web properties.
- Inform our social, PR, partnership, content, and SEM efforts on your findings.
- Collaborate with our product and marketing team to optimize our website.
- Work and collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, design, partnerships, and supply to ensure SEO best practices are maintained and initiatives align with overall SEO strategy.
- Provide meaningful business reporting for major segments (brand/airport/monthly/event/markets/blogs/microsites) and discard peripheral reporting.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of key performance metrics and opportunities for impact, as well as work to minimize risks and/or initiatives that could be detrimental to SEO performance.
- Use various tools to monitor, analyze, report, and capitalize on SEO optimization opportunities including but not limited to: organic search traffic, trends, rankings, conversion rate, and GMV.
Who you are:
- Analytical. Your strong organization skills lend to creative and effective problem solving.
- Inquisitive. You are innovative, resourceful, and naturally curious. You ask the right questions and are constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Data-driven. Your attention to detail is unparalleled. You are obsessive about measurement & data and can easily synthesize lots of data into one summary report.
- Tenacious. You are naturally curious and hungry to find “Game Changers” that move the needle; you embrace the unknown.
- Efficient. You have the ability to be highly strategic while getting things done quickly.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of SEO experience across multiple sites with industry-leading results
- Proven results with enterprise SEO in a competitive industry
- Experience making strategic recommendations & implementing them
- Comfort with informing technical SEO updates and implementing content strategy
- In-depth experience with leading web analytics & SEO tools
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized by Time Magazine as one of the Top 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018, ranks highly on Built In Chicago’s 100 Best Places To Work In Chicago in 2019, and recognized for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives!
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.