We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport holds a special place in the competitive landscape for logistics and technology. People know we do things differently. And this year, during a once-in-a-lifetime supply chain crisis, they’re turning to Flexport more than ever to understand and navigate an already complex industry. We’re looking for a Social Media & Community Manager to create content and digital experiences for our clients, prospects and partners that reflect that.
In this role, you'll own Flexport’s social media strategy, manage our online presence and reputation, create and visualize content (with our writers and designers), and optimize channels to increase awareness, engagement and conversions. As part of the Content Team, you’ll partner with colleagues in Brand, Marketing and Sales, as well as subject matter experts from all over Flexport to develop and execute our content strategy, while exploring new opportunities to scale spend efficiently.
If you’re passionate about building community and love the hustle of a fast-paced, hyper-growth company, this role is for you.You will:
- Set and execute Flexport’s social media strategy with clear goals per channel
- Create experiences that delight our customers, prospects, partners and employees, strengthen our brand, and influence pipeline
- Establish a social content calendar by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead community-building efforts by moderating and engaging with comments and influencers across our channels. Stay up-to-date on conversations and trends, and identify relevant opportunities for Flexport to engage
- Work with writers and designers to ideate and create social content to improve performance and channel optimization
- Grow our internal brand ambassador program and work with SMEs to build their presence and personal brand on social
- Own strategy for paid social campaigns across Linkedin and Twitter
- Support our events team with paid social initiatives to drive registrations to webinars and other events
- Deliver regular reporting with actionable insights on improving content performance and future campaigns
- Partner with paid media vendor/agency to execute strategic paid campaigns
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and provide competitive analysis to inform broader channel strategy
- Establish social media governance at Flexport via guidance, monitoring, training and sharing of best practices and policies
- Creative. Always looking for new, relatable ways to engage with our audience
- Organized. You know how to manage complex projects, multiple stakeholders and competing priorities to create an actionable plan and get the most impactful work done
- A self-starter. You’re always ready to roll up your sleeves and jump on opportunities when you see them
- A true team player. You think across the full spectrum of channels available to us
- Data driven. You seek out data to inform your approach and constantly iterate on what you’re doing based on what’s working and what’s not
- Strategic. Switched on to the little touches and big ideas that make social content impactful
- A BA/BS or equivalent degree.
- 4-5 years organic and paid social media experience for B2B brands
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal teams and stakeholders
- The ability to extract meaningful insights from data and communicate performance recommendations to the broader team
- Strong analytical skills. Experience with Amplify or Looker is a plus
- Experience optimizing paid social campaigns on LinkedIn and Twitter
- A growth mindset; always testing and learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.