Sr Mgr, Email Channel, Zoro at Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Manage the day-to-day operations, planning, Salesforce Marketing Cloud Development and implementation of the email channel. Acts as the in-house email expert. The continued growth of email functionality, channel strategy, and opted-in email file are keys to success in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the email team of developers and marketers.
- Form a deep understanding of our business, email specific, and overall business goals / KPIs.
- Translate business requirements into practical, scalable solutions leveraging the functionality and best practices of Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Create and execute our email calendar to promote products, events, and company initiatives
- Become the lead developer/architect of our Salesforce Marketing Cloud instance. Understand the functionalities and capabilities of the email-related tools that are available at Zoro.
- Work with the creative services team to create eye-catching high-aesthetic emails
- Strategize and implement new ways to increase open rates and engagement
- Personalize the customer journey and maximize every touchpoint in the customer lifecycle
- Build and optimize automated email tracks
- Create a campaign and promotion KPI report for performance and to guide future strategy
- Perform project management duties to meet the customer communication needs of Zoro’s teams
- Partner with the Creative Services team and other internal business partners
- Out of the box thinker for solutions and ideas in the email channel
- Always be curious and question the status quo
- Define and implement our personalization strategies
- Ensure lists are up to date and segmented properly
- Develop and implement a rigorous testing process, including, but not exclusively, personalization, dynamic content, creative and subject lines
- Ensure both mobile and desktop email versions render properly for the best customer experience
- Monitor and develop new initiatives to increase list growth and customer retention
- Keep track of email goals & metrics and report on those insights on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Mentor and teach others in the department about the channel
- Ongoing completion of outside training, such as online Trailhead courses (SFMC) and Liveclicker training
- Monitor digital trends, best practices, and emerging technologies and apply at Zoro when warranted
- Stay on top of SFMC’s new releases/features and identify how they can support the organization’s objectives. Provide updates to internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Hold current Marketing Cloud Administrator and/or Marketing Cloud Consultant certifications a plus
- At least four years of experience managing a large B2B/B2C email program.
- Ability to code HTML emails a plus
- At least five years experience as a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
- SQL query writing
- Demonstrated track record of enabling repeatable processes, driving advancement in quality collaborating within a matrixed marketing organization in a responsive and productive manner
- Proven track record of converting strategic thoughts into actions that drive business results
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience in cultivating relationships with key stakeholders across functions and levels to achieve business objectives and drive strategic change.
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Use of standard G-Suite programs (Mail, Calendar, Meet), Netsuite and BigQuery
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.