Sr. Mgr, Marketing Communications, Zoro
Senior Manager, Marketing Communications – Zoro US
The Senior Manager, Marketing Communications will report to the Senior Director of Direct Marketing and Promotion Strategy and will work closely with the marketing channel, marketing creative, and other core business teams to optimize conversion, coordinate marketing messaging, and report on campaign results. This role will serve as the subject-matter expert in email and direct mail creation, targeting, and delivery, as this individual will be responsible for the use of these as communication streams across the organization.
- Work with the channel, design, and other key business teams to create high-quality communications (email, direct mail, sms) and coordinated messaging
- Lead ongoing email and direct mail testing optimization, including A/B testing to innovate and drive improved results
- Lead and manage a team (print and email mangers, direct marketing specialist) to develop on-brand, on-strategy communications across all customer and industry segments.
- Developing processes and documentation standards to ensure projects and key achievements are tracked appropriately and drive continuous improvement through process improvements and maximizing communications efficiencies
- Find opportunities to improve the way that we work – seeking innovation and optimization in our processes and output
- Growing strong relationships with partners by developing a strong understanding of business drivers in order to effect outcomes through communications
- Managing internal and external agency relationships and provide clear direction to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field.
- 3+ years of hands-on email and direct marketing experience.
- Experience or familiarity with marketing automation and customer journey tools such as Autopilot, Marketo, Salesforce, Blueshift, and Hubspot Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Heap.
- Experience with A/B and rapid iterative digital marketing tests
- Demonstrated ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data into actionable strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing KPIs & sales data.
- Demonstrated capability to provide positive leadership in fast-paced, multi-project, team oriented environment
- Flexible and can tolerate ambiguity and still operate effectively
- Works well independently and with team, taking the initiative to completely manage needs of the team (with minimal oversight)
- Ability to create and foster team motivation, collaboration, and positive attitude, and build rapport up- / down- / across- an organization
- Communicate effectively at all levels, across departments, and with business partners
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.