Sr Mgr, Onsite Search Strategy, Zoro Tools
Sr. Manager, Onsite Search Strategy
ZORO is creating innovative digital solutions that are transforming the MRO Industry. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy, uber growth team.
Working closely with the Director of Searchandising, the role will manage the Onsite Search team and platform for Zoro.com
- Manage onsite search strategy development, enhancements and implementations including recommending the selection of tools, systems, processes and/or provider relationships.
- Lead the development of onsite search optimization processes, methodology, governance, and practices leveraging onsite search platforms and related tools.
- Own the onsite search tool, vendor relationships, roadmap, tool administration & access.
- The role reports directly to the Sr. Director, Customer Experience and will manage an initial team size of 3-5 onsite search team members.
- Manage ongoing refinements and execution of roadmap.
- Develop and manage the onsite Search dashboard and other metrics.
- Manage teams in the determination and execution of onsite search strategy, searchable fields, relevancy ranking strategies and business rules (biases, thesaurus, redirects, triggers, etc)
- Partner closely with Merchandising Team to support search result templates, redirects, biasing, and general search platform support.
- Partner closely with UX and UI teams in search results layout and optimization of content
- Partner closely with Development, QA, and Architecture teams to ensure optimization of technology
- Research and recommend changes in data enhancements.
- Fully leverage onsite search platform capabilities to improve relevancy.
- Work alongside Product Information Team to achieve SKU level data enhancements and maintenance.
- Direct teams in key word and null search data mining and management.
- Manage third party relationships including search technology providers and contracted onsite search services.
- Lead teams in the development of search data strategies and approaches.
- Allocate resources to search and data projects.
- Ensure timely response to onsite search feedback.
- Lead the integration of onsite search responsibilities with necessary areas such as UX, SEO & PPC.
- Build onsite search, keyword optimization expertise to deliver best in class customer experiences.
- Analyze and report to Leadership business trends, key metrics, and online customer experience and react as necessary to ensure financial KPI’s are in range and being met or exceeded.
- Drive Sales, Click-Through, and Conversion Rate by utilizing and implementing search optimizations, automations, and technologies.
- Develop overall onsite search strategy and framework to onsite search relevancy and performance, including translating long term plans to immediate actions, reviewing competitors and Best in Class industry experiences while developing a deep understanding of customer onsite search behaviors.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in marketing and technology. MBA preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in eCommerce with emphasis in onsite search optimization
- 3-5 years’ experience managing key suppliers/service providers
- 3-5 years’ experience managing teams
- Experience in high volume, high SKU online environment
- Experience in SEM, SEO and onsite search
- Experience with SOLR, Endeca, Searchandiser, Google Search Appliance or similar Onsite faceted search tools
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics, Site Catalyst or similar tools
- Proven data analysis skills with a proven detail orientation
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating direction and translating into operational tactics
- Superior interpersonal communication skills which facilitate the building of relationships throughout an organization and decision making
- Demonstrates the Zoro Values of Transparency, Ownership, Winning and Losing Together, and Customer Obsession
- Minimal travel required
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status