Molecular Geneticist in Oncology
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable Molecular Geneticist with experience in cancer genomic clinical testing. The position requires experience with interpreting and reporting data from next generation sequencing based tests. Top candidates will also have strong communication skill and the ability to explain complex genetic testing results to a broad audience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in variant interpretation and reporting.
- Advise on development of variant classification systems and guidelines for reporting.
- Work in interdisciplinary groups of scientists, engineers, and product developers to translate genetic sequencing results into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Contribute to building the Tempus knowledge databases.
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- Board eligible or board certified through the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics or American Board of Genetic Counseling
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience working with next-generation sequencing data.
- Experience in oncology.
- Ideal candidates will possess:
- Familiarity with reporting guidelines for both somatic and germline genetic testing.
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience