The Group: The Morningstar Investment Management group consists of our investment advice, consulting, and retirement-solutions businesses. Through our investment advisory subsidiaries, we use our expertise in asset allocation, manager research, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions for institutions, advisors, and their clients.
The Role: Morningstar’s Investment Management seeks an Advisor Success Manager to join its team to manage relationships with new and existing advisors. You will interact extensively with financial advisors providing training and onboarding via web-based technology. Advisor Success Managers work closely with their sales counterparts on advisor and asset retention, issue resolution and continuous process improvement within their assigned territories while always promoting strong client advocacy. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Educate clients about our Managed Portfolios program
- Identify client training opportunities within existing relationships, participate in account reviews and provide initial product onboarding.
- Develop onboarding strategies with Sales and identify advisor needs and business opportunities, which will help Morningstar meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients’ organizational structure, each users’ role, and day-to-day function.
- Act as consultants and problem solvers. ASM’s will go the extra mile to understand the pain points in our users’ existing workflow, then strategize and train clients on how to reach solutions and desired outcomes by using our service.
- Drive increased adoption by understanding the Advisor’s business needs and goals, promoting product usage, and maximizing Advisor retention by helping advisors integrate our products with their workflows.
- Demonstrate superior product knowledge and consultative client management skills.
- Nurture customer relationships as a proactive business strategist through ongoing education and training
- Provide valuable feedback and insight to the product team, compliance, marketing, and product developers.
- Proactively monitor customer needs on an ongoing basis and discover trends of at-risk Advisors
- Collaborate with Operations, product managers, and internal and custodial client support teams to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Contribute to marketing and promotional events, and other projects as needed.
- Support and contribute to the ongoing development of the Advisor Success team evolution.
- Intellectually curious problem solver who navigates through unknown situations with minimal guidance
- A deep customer focus and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, strategic, and creative thinker with a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Possess a minimum of two years of customer service, training, or sales experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Empathy for customers and a passion for growing our business.
- A proven ability to build long-term client relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to present to clients with sophisticated investment knowledge and business experience.
- A team player who is willing to wear many hats and roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Prior experience supporting financial advisors, interest and ability to explain managed portfolio concepts is desirable.
- A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent is required
- Level 1 CFA candidate or Series 65 license not required but is a plus