Application Support Specialist at SpotHero
SpotHero is seeking an Application Support Specialist to work primarily with our customer care and engineering departments in order to polish our product and defeat some parking villains (tech bugs). If you’re technical, love to solve problems, a little meticulous, and are ready to jump into an "all hands on deck" environment, this role is for you!
Who we are: SpotHero is a $118MM-raised Series D company based in Chicago, US whose mobile & web platforms allows users to quickly and easily find off-street parking across North America.
Ranked at #15 for a Consumer Marketplace (The a16z Marketplace 100) SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across North America use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies (Operators) rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business through our Business Intelligence Tools. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
In 2019 we:
- Parked our 30 millionth car
- We hired 97 people, 40 in Engineering alone
- Added more than 1,300 new parking facilities, exceeding 7,000 facilities across North America
- Added 200 new airport parking facilities serving 61 airports, and launched new partnerships with The Parking Spot, Toronto Pearson International Airport, and The South Terminal at Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Added 300+ new events and venue partners, including the United Center, home of the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks; PPG Paints Arena, home of the Pittsburgh Penguins; Fiserv Forum, home of the Milwaukee Bucks; and the American Airlines Arena, home of the Miami Heat
What will I do?
- You were born to find bugs. Even the smallest bug cannot evade your flyswatter and the most complicated are no sweat for your skills.
- Work with support to monitor and investigate technical issues while communicating updates and workarounds appropriately.
- Problem solve to discover the root cause of issues ranging from app login errors to significant backend server errors.
- Triage issues for Engineering to ensure that the most critical and pressing are taken care of appropriately.
- Produce the best bug reports that replicate the issue, document the steps, and pinpoint the root cause.
- Distinguish between bugs, tasks, and product improvements and escalate appropriately.
- Develop and revise our playbooks and knowledge base to improve company efficiency.
- Improve customer experience as we remove bugs to help make parking easy for all.
- Work with facility managers to solve integration related issues.
- Increase efficiency at diagnosing, documenting, and resolving complicated issues.
- Resourceful. Bugs can be difficult. You find the tools and solutions to support your teams.
- Technical and Tactical. You’re comfortable with how things work and are strategic in your resolution processes.
- Natural Communicator. Things get lost in translation. You fix that.
- Self-Starter. Why wait when you can get stuff done?
- Organized. You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
- Diligent. You don't get overwhelmed easily. Thousands of emails/phone calls each month – No prob!
- Inquisitive. You’re constantly asking questions and looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in a technical support role working with network related products
- Good understanding of API technologies and troubleshooting (Postman preferred)
- Intermediate SQL knowledge (DataGrip preferred)
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Sumo Logic
- Experience with Salesforce, Jira and Confluence
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized by Time Magazine as one of the Top 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018, ranks highly on Built In Chicago’s 100 Best Places To Work In Chicago in 2019, and recognized for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives!
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.