Asset & Configuration Specialist
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Performs asset and configuration management, technical, and governance activities related to maintaining the Asset and Configuration Management systems, including application and server administration, user and account administration, software updates, and system maintenance activities. Performs data analysis and supports related Asset Management programs such as software license management, hardware refresh, and inventory management. Supports automation activities through development of scripts, API integration, and orchestration.
- Performs administration tasks related to ServiceNow Discovery, Mapping, and other data sources for the CMDB and Asset systems. Remediates discovery errors, investigates connectivity issues, and monitors performance for all systems related to Asset & Configuration Management.
- Researches and remediates data-quality issues for asset and configuration items. Performs audits and running reports for Asset & CMDB data. Ensures that data is accurately reflected in the Asset and CMDB systems. Prepares KPI and metrics reports.
- Responds to user inquiries, assists in resolving tickets and service requests in the Asset & Configuration management team queues, participates in user communities in MS Teams and Yammer.
- Develops patterns, probes, and sensors related to Discovery and ServiceMapping. Developing, editing, and maintaining scripts used to support the Asset & Configuration Management systems.
- Performs data analysis of software compliance audit data to validate that machine configurations, software usage, and data libraries are accurately reflected on audit reports. The analysis may indicate issues with a configuration, the resource will independently analyze the problem and determine the method of correcting it. Recommends and implements automation opportunities as needed.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.