Associate Engineer II
Responsible for leading troubleshooting and/or repair of software and/or hardware on or related to desktop pc’s, and/or printers, pc hardware systems and mobile devices. Supporting the deployment operation on the execution of plans on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software thru SCCM.
- Leads troubleshooting and/or repair of software and/or hardware on or related to desktop pc’s, and/or printers, pc hardware systems and RF devices. May include performing installation and upgrades. Troubleshooting and repairs may be accomplished remotely and/or via telephone, such as:
- Utilizing tracking software to track and monitor the resolution of issues and/or open tickets.
- Supporting area processes and interface requirements.
- Resetting equipment or applying solutions to quickly resolve problems.
- Resolves complex issues. Resolves escalated issues from less experienced support staff.
- Identifies and documents fault patterns over a period of time and involve other engineering or other technical resources in the IT function or the vendor community to develop permanent fixes.
- Collaborates with customers and advises about technical issues. Answers complex questions regarding PC/printer software/hardware issues, and makes IT recommendations.
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to facilitate elimination of problems and to create efficient fixes. Escalate problems and roadblocks as they occur Troubleshoots second and third level support for any problems experienced by production equipment. May make decisions on when outside technical helps needs to be contacted and called onsite for fixes.
- Leads technical support for standard and proprietary desktop software. Relates to a diverse group of people, including technical and development personnel, senior management, business customers, and vendors with courtesy and in a constructive, professional manner.
- Leads desktop relocations and set up, by assigning a support tech to investigate ask appropriate questions to support end-user needs.
- Leads the documentation process for client issues, initiates referrals and leads the recording of resolutions within department database software.
- May lift and transports PC’s, monitors, terminals and printers for deployment as well as repair.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- At least 2 years of experience solving technical problems.
- At least 2 years of experience defining and resolving software, network connectivity, vpn and other desktop issues.
- Experience coordinating service requests with appropriate IT team.
- Experience following processes and recommending improvements.
- Experience translating technical terms to non-technical users.
- Experience working independently and as part of a cross-functional technical team.
- Knowledge off MS Office products: Office 365/2016, Outlook, Skype for Business, OneDrive.
- Willingness to work hours of support that may require weekend, holiday and/ or off-hours shift coverage.
- Network +, Security +, MCSA, and/or CC Certificate.
- Experience with any of the following: Apple DEP, Active Directory, SCCM 2012, GPOs, Windows 7, Windows 10
- Experience with Project Management
- At least one year of experience providing operational direction and support of mobile device management in a large enterprise, such as Airwatch, iOS, Android.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.