Associate Operations Support Specialist at VelocityEHS
VelocityEHS Operations Support Specialists (MSDS Obtainment) provide the backend operational expertise needed to help the VelocityEHS Services Operations Team meet or exceed our client expectations. Specifically, they assist the project team performing MSDS library building or maintenance projects. As opposed to almost anyone who can perform a Google search and find many common MSDSs, Operations Support Specialists dig deeper to locate those harder- to-find MSDSs – the ones requiring investigative techniques and reasoning, persistence and solid people skills.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in surprising and delighting clients then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Second-level MSDS obtainment and verification efforts against MSDS needs unable to be satisfied by level one vendor staff, including: Internet research and other efforts to facilitate additional obtainment, manufacturer website lookup, direct manufacturer contact via phone, fax or email, VelocityEHS database search, etc.
- Quality assurance assistance on MSDS obtainment and verification project work returned from 3rd-Party vendors
- MSDS file obtainment, editing, organization and processing
- Documents various project metrics - including hour tracking, MSDS request efforts, project progress, etc.
- Communicates notable issues to Senior Project Operations Coordinators
- Possible sorting and scanning of paper MSDS, converting electronic files to PDF, data entry assignments, QA tasks, etc.
- Other Services or Content Operations tasks as assigned
- Performs data entry functions – capturing key index fields from an MSDS and inputting them into a client’s database.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of related professional experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel)
- Proficient with Internet Browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) and in internet research
- Good verbal and written communications
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable with Adobe Acrobat/Distiller (PDF)
- Persuasive, ability to elicit response from others with little leverage
- Ability to work both independently, with minimal supervision, or as part of a team
- Detail-oriented, methodical, persistent
- Ability to complete quality work within agreed upon deadlines
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)