Associate Research Advisor (Customer Success)
We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies like Lyft, REI, Sonos, and IDEO use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team in our Chicago HQ, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for an Associate Research Advisor to join our growing Customer Success team. You will work closely with Lead Researcher Advisors to design, recruit, and field research projects for dscout’s clients. We conduct research on a wide range of topics including: pet ownership, wearable fitness trackers, holiday shopping, and snack customization, just to name a few. What’s that mean for you? Every day is different.
As a combination of customer support and research consulting, you will have a chance to make a real difference for dscout’s customers and get your career started in the world of consumer research. You are an incredible communicator and you are a genuine, creative problem-solver. You are the client’s partner in mastering a new digital tool to execute powerful market research. Internally, you are our client’s champion in driving larger improvements to the platform and user experience. If this sounds like you, apply today!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Act as a dscout expert to train and educate clients on features and functionality
- Consult with clients to provide specific recommendations for research design
- Deliver the best platform support and technical assistance to all users
- Assist in running research projects including planning, design, programming, recruiting and fielding
- Assist in the creation of training support materials
- Assist with billing and other administrative processes for clients
- Act as a customer advocate by sharing client feedback internally to continuously improve dscout’s product offerings
- Provide support and guidance to research participants (“scouts”) to ensure the information they share is helpful and that they enjoy participating in our study
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- Experience in consumer research and/or undergraduate studies in a relevant ﬁeld (social science, market research, design research)
- Naturally able to strike a balance between friendly and professional in written communications
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Flexible and eager to learn new things each and every day
- Hard-working and willing to go the extra mile for your teammates and our users
- Genuinely interested in market research and technology: you're technically curious, you enjoy learning about new products, and you are fascinated about how things work
- Curious and empathetic to others’ needs and circumstances
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Willing to support clients during occasional evening and weekend work
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, in the heart of lots of places to eat, drink, and play.
- Plenty of snacks, drinks, and caffeine to keep you powered throughout the day, and a weekly happy hour to relax with the team.