NextCapital is the leader in enterprise digital advice. NextCapital partners with world-class institutions to deliver personalized planning and managed accounts to individual investors, whether they’re saving for retirement in a 401(k) or IRA or investing in a taxable brokerage account. Our open-architecture digital advice solution provides better outcomes for our partners and individual investors by offering integrated account aggregation, analytics, planning and portfolio management, and customizable advice methodology and fiduciary roles.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
JOIN OUR TEAM
Known as an Associate Solutions Architect at NextCapital, we are seeking someone to join the Customer Success team to assist in scoping and closing business with our large enterprise financial institution prospects and partners. This person will work closely with our revenue and product teams and must be a self-starter and problem solver, with the ability to coordinate with internal NextCapital teams and external stakeholders.
***At this time, NextCapital does not offer future sponsorship for this position.***
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Initially shadow our Solutions Architects on new and existing deals, and then transition into being the point person on new deals.
- Assist with capturing and analyzing requirements for existing or new solution fit.
- Assist with new deal estimation & scoping.
- Develop a comprehensively broad understanding of our platform’s features, product roadmap, and possibilities for extension.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create and update efficient and repeatable team processes & templates, including standard proposals, order forms, statements of work, deal estimate templates, due diligence information, project charters, architecture diagrams, solution documentation, etc.
- Audit & create inventories of contract clauses that impact engineering, IT, dev ops, and security.
- Assist in responding to Requests for Proposals and Due Diligence Questionnaires from partners and prospects.
- Work with product teams to review and update the platform manual, integration manual, and other confluence spaces within Solutions Architecture's purview.
- Attend business and technology deal review boards.
- Support the growth of existing accounts by leveraging product and technical knowledge.
- Research and present materials to prospects and existing partners.
- Capture and share customer feedback & feature requests with the product team.
- Become a specialist on technical and business matters.
WHERE THIS ROLE MAY LEAD YOU
- Growth in the Solutions Architecture area
- Professional services consulting
- Customer Success & Relationship Management
- Business Development & Sales
- Product Management
- Longer term: anything really
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a technical background or experience, but are looking for a technology-adjacent role where you can apply technical concepts to design novel solutions and product offerings.
- You have experience breaking down abstract product requirements into smaller, actionable development tasks for scope estimation and organization.
- You've served in a client facing role before.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have 2+ years’ experience in enterprise software solution delivery, business analyst, and/or solution consultant roles.
- You can multitask and context switch efficiently.
- You are comfortable in a quick moving and evolving work environment, with an ability to identify what is important and urgent to work on.
- You’re comfortable working in the “white space” and taking on work even if it’s not listed in anyone’s official job description.
- You have strong listening, communication, presentation, and social skills.
- You love tackling really tough problems, and value doing things the right way.
- You can maintain a constructive attitude and negotiate a path forward when there are conflicting ideas.
- You’re passionate about our mission to democratize financial advice.
- You have some basic knowledge of AWS products & services or are interested to learn.
- Post-Covid, there may be some - Assume 0-2 trips a quarter, typically for a day and occasionally for two days.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people.
- Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage.
- Enjoy a stimulating work environment surrounded by top quality researchers and engineers that enjoy working with each other towards a common goal.
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future.
- Enjoy the flexibility of working fully remote, partially remote, fully physical, or a mashup of each. And whatever you choose, enjoy a newly built-out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan
- When our pandemic ‘remoteness’ ends, enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan
- And, yes, when we’re able to safely re-convene in a physical space, sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk
- Participate in women in tech events and service days at local organizations
- Relax with monthly, company wide, guided meditation sessions
- Enjoy “Summer Hours” whereby our firm is ‘closed’ every Friday afternoon from April 23, 2021 through Labor Day