Associate, Technical Support Technician
Provides limited support for activities that implement limited portions of the specified functional area of the Technology operation. Receives work in the form of defined tasks that are reviewed frequently and may require the application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of well-defined procedures.
- Resolves technical and equipment related aspects of standard technical support issues, such as:
- Utilizing diagnostic hardware and software tools to diagnose and isolate service problems, in accordance with well-defined troubleshooting procedures and guidelines.
- Utilizing tracking software to track and monitor the resolution of issues and/or open tickets.
- Supporting area processes and interface requirements.
- Resetting equipment or applying solutions to quickly resolve problems.
- May escalate issues to more experience support staff.
- May identify and document fault patterns over a period of time and involve other engineering or other technical resources in the IT function or the vendor community to develop permanent fixes.
- Collaborates with customers and advises about technical issues.
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to facilitate elimination of problems and to create efficient fixes. Escalate problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Provides technical support for standard and proprietary desktop software. Relate to a diverse group of people, including technical and development personnel, senior management, business customers, and vendors with courtesy and in a constructive, professional manner.
- Coordinates with peer teams to accomplish assigned tasks. Interacts with team members and peers to provide routine information related to assigned tasks.
- Documents client problems, initiates referrals and records resolutions within department database software.
- May lift and transports PC’s, monitors, terminals and printers for deployment as well as repair.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Associate’s Degree or Higher in Computer Science or Information Technology OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience in an IT customer-facing and/or technical support role.
- Willingness to work hours of support that may require weekend, holiday and/ or off-hours shift coverage.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics.
- Experience identifying and solving technical issues.
- Experience working within defined timeframes to complete work.
- Client-facing experience.