Atlassian Suite Administrator (JIRA & Confluence)
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
We are looking for an experienced Atlassian suite Administrator to help manage configuration, implement customization, reporting, manage plug-ins, and help with all Jira and Confluence related questions and tasks. You will be responsible for the operation & maintenance of the internal Atlassian Jira & Confluence applications and will work closely with teams as you champion these applications throughout our company. The ideal candidate succeeds and enjoys working in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and thrives on being collaborative while solving hard problems. A proven record building great cross functional experiences in a diverse environment is desired.
- Provide configuration and administrative support of hosted Jira and Confluence instances.
- Provide configurations including project workflows, field configurations, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes
- Design and develop features, add-ons and integrations for our Jira & Confluence implementation
- Implement host, database and application security configurations according to best practices & standards.
- Recommend, install, configure, test, and manage plug-ins to meet organizational and project requirements.
- Collaborate with support teams for work involving problem determination and implementation of changes to hardware, software, applications or network systems.
- Coordinate and respond to support requests.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for the Jira & Confluence platform and application.
- Accountable for developing and implementing complex automation tasks.
- Build automation to actively audit the infrastructure for misconfigurations.
- Automate backup of application and database and keep Jira application highly available and address outages; adhere to SLAs.
- Identify, document and remediate required bug-fixes, end-user feature improvements, and operations feature improvements
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Statistics, Business, Data Science, or related quantitative field
- 4+ years of experience in Finance, Statistics, Business, Forecasting, Data Science, or related quantitative role
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Finance, Statistics, Business, Forecasting, Data Science, or related quantitative role
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Statistics, Business, Data Science, or related quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience working cloud service management and orchestration
- AWS public cloud experience in a production environment
- Jira APIs/integrations
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and SQL with various RDBMS systems
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code, Immutable Infrastructure, & continuous integration/deployment practices
- Experience administering & hardening Linux systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and integrity in your relationships with partners
- Ability to thrive in dynamic environments with multiple changing priorities, where prioritization and time management are necessary tools
- You are a self-starter with the dedication to work independently and as part of a team; ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of Atlassian Tools (Jira and Confluence)
- Public cloud (AWS, Azure, or Google) hands-on experience
- Experience working with Agile development processes
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.