Benefits Associate at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Benefits Associate will contribute to the on-going strategy, analysis, administration and communication of Affirm’s benefit plans and programs including vacation, holiday, time off, sick pay, unemployment, retirement plans, disability, flexible spending, service awards, group health/medical/dental coverage, vendor management, wellness and health education initiatives, and life insurance. Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws.
What You’ll Do
The Benefits Associate administers and communicates the company's benefits program in regards to plan options, policy features, enrollment and other requirements. The Benefits Associate may assist in planning, developing, and redesigning company benefits programs and analyzing benefit costs. You may be involved with communication and implementation of wellness and health education initiatives.
- A experienced professional with some understanding of benefits
- Use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve routine issues in effective ways
- Responds to benefits inquiries from employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Assist with design, implementation and administration of benefit policies and programs
- Assist with benefits communications and new hire presentations
- Assist with the annual open enrollment cycle
- Ensure the reliability, accuracy and security of benefits data used for reporting and analysis purposes
What We Look For
- Experience in benefits a plus but not required
- Strong team orientation with collaborative style; ability to work effectively across internal teams, communicating clearly and comprehensively to meet project deadlines
- Able to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
- Highly effective verbal and written communications skills ; able to distill complex concepts/information to employees in a digestible manner
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple, and potentially shifting, priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.