Bilingual Customer Advocate (Spanish Speaking) at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is looking to add a proactive, self-starter Bilingual Customer Advocate with a curious mind to its Customer Support team. We are looking for folks who are the big fish in their current pond and ready to take their skills, experience, and Customer Support career to the next level!
Our world-class Support Team acts as Sprout Social’s resident product experts to help our 20,000+ customers worldwide including Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout's Support Team to answer the toughest questions and solve problems on the Sprout Social platform every day.
Over the past 8 years, our Support Team has built one of the most impressive customer service reputations in the industry by providing service that aims to deliver seamless experiences for our customers through a real-time, solutions-oriented approach. We are looking for your flexible, empathetic, and creative technical problem-solving skills to contribute to and enhance our level of service and commitment to our customers.
If you are a top performer who possesses excellent people skills, the desire to dive deep into new technology, please apply!
- Professional fluency in Spanish and English (both written and verbal), Portuguese a plus
- 1-3 years of customer-facing experience is required (SaaS Industry experience a plus).
- Proactive self-starter with a curious mind and strong initiative to solve tough problems and constantly make improvements.
- Challenge-driven, goal-oriented, and capable of handling emergency/crisis situations.
- Ability to be resourceful with impressive critical thinking skills, wearing many different hats and juggling conversations between channels comfortably.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
- Driven by a desire to help people and passion for teaching technology to others.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and act as a team player.
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & on-boarding program alongside other new Sprout Social team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Begin replying to customer requests via email after 2-week training period, taking on additional channels through the course of further on-boarding.
- Partner with your manager to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Own customer issues through all channels, including live chat, email, phone, and social, from start to finish.
- Effectively triage and troubleshoot incoming issues to determine severity; escalate when needed.
- Prioritize issues for escalation and serve as informational liaison to various parties, providing key updates and relevant intel.
- Be a powerhouse resource internally and externally, serve as a resident product expert, and maintain exceptional knowledge of the product through development cycles.
- Contribute to team goals by focusing on CSAT ratings, response, and resolution times.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Independently handle issues and product questions, as well as execution on all necessary processes; know the proper avenues to find resources/answer any unknowns.
- Prioritize and execute daily tasks with minimal guidance, including multitasking across more than one channel.
- Approach challenges and customer interactions with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Work with your manager to establish continual growth and development areas to master the Customer Advocate role.
- Chronicle new and useful knowledge by creating and updating internal documentation, collectively owning the title of Wiki Master as a team.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Identify patterns in issues across incoming volume and work with leadership/product processes to advocate on behalf of data-driven customer needs.
- Co-own personal/professional growth and development with your manager, including exploration of and exposure to new learning opportunities.
- Participate in Support administrative tasks and take on potential projects and tasks beyond day-to-day Customer Advocate responsibilities.
- Assist with new hire training and mentorship of newer Customer Advocates.
- Challenge the status quo to continually iterate on internal processes and improve customer interactions with our team.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!