Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered in Chicago and is on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a superb app and world-class operations, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, the Central Operations team is focused on building best-in-class processes and systems in order to run our business more efficiently at scale. Our team works with all functions across the business in order to problem solve and help enable our restaurant partners and delivery partners to succeed with Chowbus.
The Delivery and Marketplace Operations Manager is responsible for improving the efficiency of Chowbus’ delivery. The Delivery and Marketplace Operations Manager is a true owner and operator of their area. This role involves analyzing data to effectively manage the delivery costs of our business: setting and pricing routes, setting parameters/guidelines that will enable our dispatch algorithm to continuously improve and working with teams to rollout testing and eventual best practices across all markets that we operate in. A successful candidate for this role excels in a cross functional environment, is analytical, is comfortable making strategic decisions in a rapidly-changing environment, and has a bias toward action.
- Identify opportunities for improvement through data analysis and implement suggestions
- Incubate, optimize, scale and manage all operations related to marketplace and delivery activities
- Collaborate cross functionally with various teams to test and implement marketplace processes and guidelines with the overall goal of improving driver efficiency across the platform
- Discover new problems and opportunities, prioritize and dive head first into solving them
- Work with senior management and product teams to implement software and algorithmic updates that improve the efficiency of Chowbus’ marketplace
We are excited if you...
- Have at least 4+ years of experience managing operations and/or project teams focused on operational initiatives.
- Have a 4 year degree; an MBA or Master’s degree in business related fields would be a plus.
- Have a track record of operational success and advancing to roles with increased responsibility and impact.
- Are proficient in extracting insights from operational metrics and making data-driven decisions. SQL proficiency is a plus.
- Have a partner-first mindset and prioritize their experience in making business decisions.
- Can influence peers and senior management through clear thinking and communication.
- Learn by quickly testing out new hypotheses.
- Have experience in achieving consistent results in an environment with team members in distributed locations.
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.