Claims Representative at Clearcover
Injury Claims Representative
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Claims Representative?
Claims Representatives have the important and unique role of helping Clearcover customers during one of the moments that matters most: When they must file an insurance claim. Our Claims Representatives are empathetic, patient people who love connecting with and helping customers. Clearcover Claims Representatives remain calm under pressure, thrive on the challenge of turning frowns upside-down, and have a passion for creating lifelong customer relationships. Going above and beyond for a customer is our standard mode of operation, which has empowered Clearcover to drive customer satisfaction that far exceeds the P&C insurance industry standard.
For this role, we're looking for someone who is excited to join a fast-paced, startup culture.
What will you do?
- Guide our customers through the claims process
- Confirm coverage, determine liability, evaluate and negotiates settlement of injury claims
- Work with attorneys for resolution of represented and litigated claims
- Address customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, and follow up to ensure the resolution of claims issues
- Fanatically monitor and manage incoming and outgoing customer interactions via email, chat, text and phone
- Contribute to process and product information in the team's Knowledge Base
- Identify and assess customers’ needs through relatively unstructured interaction
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Keep records of customer interactions and file documents
- Deliver on Clearcover’s promise to our customers by actually solving their problems (also paying attention to a few service level guidelines and policies)
What do you need?
- CA and/or NV claims experience a plus
- Adjuster or P&C insurance license a plus
- Demonstrated customer support/success experience or experience as a client service representative and track record of providing excellent customer care
- Demonstrated ability to remain friendly under pressure and resilient to negativity
- Demonstrated ability to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business
- College degree preferred
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Strong active listening skills; able to communicate clearly through phone conversations
- Capable of writing with impact through email, text, chat, or social media
- Familiarity with CRM & support systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of individuals
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- A tactful, timely sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.