CLIENT SERVICES MANAGER at Caterpillar
This position will lead the in-house marketing agency client services rep team that has responsibility for driving an integrated approach that seamlessly weaves creative direction, marketing strategy and marketing execution together for the client. The Client Services team is the conduit between the in-house marketing agency and our business partner clients; interfacing with various staff members to ensure all work is produced on time, on budget and with a strategic foundation. The Client Services Manager must possess excellent relationship management and leadership skills, while providing strategic and creative thinking.
Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing client services operations
Build strength in strategic marketing development within the team
Develop marketing implementation plans in support of our business unit partners
Partner with clients to gain a deep understanding of their unique business goals and challenges to provide strategic marketing plans to support their business.
Become the SME for clients by staying current on business climate changes, including insight into industry, product, services, competitive, target audience and marketplace changes.
Build strong, collaborative business partnerships with key clients, colleagues, and service providers.
Partner with external marketing agencies when appropriate
Be aware of and promote innovative, creative, technical and strategic marketing initiatives from across the enterprise to achieve client goals.
Collaborate with functional team supervisors to refine workflow processes to better meet high-volume, high-quality program demands.
Serve as the conduit for communication between internal team members and client teams.
- Monitor team performance and give guidance when needed
- Provide strategic insight to clients’ programs
- Oversee execution, analysis and optimization of marketing plans
- Communicate with clients daily to ensure satisfaction
- Review recommendations for ad and communication campaigns
- Manage accounts’ financial aspects (budgets, contracts, fees etc.)
- Report on activities and accounts
- Create and present strategic proposals for clients
- Clearly communicate client business objectives to internal team
- Secure client approvals on deliverables.
- Vet new business opportunities through existing and new business units
- Determine KPI’s and review metrics on a regular cadence for ongoing campaigns.
- Support forecasting and budget management for the client services team.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in marketing or communications
- Agency experience Required
- Minimum of 5 years in a marketing field with experience in strategic development and execution of global and regional
- Integrated marketing communications plans experience
- Proven experience as a Marketing Account Supervisor/Executive
- Familiarity with budgeting and reporting
- Experience with a wide array of media including digital, print, broadcast, outdoor and events/displays
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- A thorough knowledge of company products, services and solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills as this position regularly interfaces with clients and senior company leadership
- Strong, flexible strategic thinker with vision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, customer service, and project management skills
- Amount of travel is dependent upon if the candidate resides in Peoria or Chicago, IL. If Peoria, travel is 10% or less. If Chicago, travel will be around 25% to commute to Peoria.
- Relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.