Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm's mission is to deliver honest financial products that improve lives. We do this by partnering with top companies to offer responsible financial products at the point of sale, across channels. Working jointly with our clients, Affirm co-develops and executes on partnership strategies to innovate and grow their businesses.
As Affirm grows, we’re setting up shop in Chicago's River North neighborhood! This office will provide us with a much needed midwest outpost for our Commercial, Marketing, Engineering, and Product teams.
As one of the first hires on the Retail Client Success Team, you will work with strategic enterprise merchants to drive usage of the Affirm product in the Retail environment (in store). This position is a high-profile customer-facing role requiring outstanding relationship and program management skills. You will utilize those skills to build relationships that result in opportunities to increase Affirm adoption, conversion and volume in Brick and Mortar retail.
This role reports to our Senior Manager of Omnichannel and is based in our Chicago office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a portfolio of enterprise and/or Mid-market Retail accounts to foster strategic, long-term business relationships
- Build Brick and Mortar relationships with key Services, Merchants and Buyer stakeholders to drive merchant usage, satisfaction and revenue growth
- Promote in store marketing and merchandising best practices to increase consumer awareness and Affirm product usage
- Partner closely with the Affirm Client Success team to manage overall portfolio performance and offer solutions that drive sales and volume in store
- Analyze brick and mortar channel performance to deliver measurable ROI and drive further adoption
- Be the responsible party for customer health
- Develop a true partnership by managing escalations and creating innovative solutions to traditional retail operational problems
- Partner internally with Client insights, Product, Finance and Support to drive the business results required for Affirm growth
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor’s degree with 6-8 years of account management experience in Big Box/Enterprise Retail
- 2+ years experience working at a large, Nationally recognized brick and mortar retailer desired
- Excellent enterprise customer relationship management skills with the ability to manage complex, matrixed accounts
- Ability to engage with and deliver compelling business presentations to executive staff
- Strong written communication skills
- Understanding of Omnichannel Retail
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects with a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of Retail and Partner Marketing
- Experience with private label credit cards or financial products is a plus
- Excellent analytical abilities
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Read Full Job Description