Client Success Manager
Position Title: Client Success Manager - Chicago
Reports To: V.P. Client Success
Effective Date: February 1, 2018
Full or Part-Time (Hours): Full-time – Monday through Friday
The Client Success Manager is responsible for building long term meaningful client relationships while developing and understanding clients’ business needs and goals. The Client Success Manager will ensure that assigned clients are adequately trained and supported for all Smokeball software features. The Client Success Manager will be responsible for helping assigned clients effectively engage with Smokeball software while having the client’s best interest in mind and act as an advocate to ensure they are set up for success. The Client Success Manager will be responsible for providing a high-quality, professional, and competent client experience. The Client Success Manager will troubleshoot problems, determine source, and advise clients on appropriate action. All responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Smokeball core values, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Create and implement plans to promote a structured approach for client retention.
- Improve software usage through proactive communication.
- Engage regularly with clients to enhance the value of utilizing Smokeball software.
- Handle day to day tasks and issues, investigate client problems, determine source, and recommend possible solutions to achieve effective resolution and client satisfaction.
- Effectively, professionally, and empathetically address and provide solutions for challenging client situations.
- Establish and nurture healthy client relationships to become their trusted and valued partner.
- Troubleshoots problems and identify ways we can be consistently providing excellent service to our clients.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to client information being accessed.
- Assist and support the renewal process for existing clients based on client’s contract renewal date.
- Collaborates and works with Onboarding Specialists and Client Trainers to ensure clients are tracking towards ongoing success.
- Provides back up support to team members as needed and requested by management.
- Maintains and expands knowledge with Smokeball software and readily shares knowledge with team members.
- Provides recommendations for improvements, to management, as requested.
- Trains new Client Success Managers as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise:
- 2-3 years of relevant Customer/Client Success experience preferably in a technical environment or legal industry.
- A clear and impassioned customer relationship management philosophy, along with outstanding customer relationship capabilities.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical users.
- Highly energetic and self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize job responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A BS degree from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent applicable work experience.
- 1+ years of prior customer relationship management experience.
- Prior experience in or exposure to the legal field.
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Time Management
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Ability to travel to client sites locally and nationally as well as to conferences and/or seminars as requested by management. Travel may include evenings and weekends.
- Microsoft Office
- LogMeIn Rescue
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of every activity and responsibility that are required of the employee for this job. Activities and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description should not be considered as a contract of employment.