Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for servicing early stages of delinquency for member loan and depository products including, but not limited to: credit cards, mortgages, auto, student and personal loans. Work involves making and receiving calls to members to facilitate one-time payments, performing transfer transactions between Alliant accounts, updating member contact information and establishing automatic payments or third party authorizations. The incumbent will provide an enhanced member experience while performing basic loss prevention activities.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Responsible for making a high volume of outbound calls on delinquent member accounts to arrange payment commitments
- Respond to in-bound member calls and email to facilitate payments or otherwise provide account information at member request
- Perform basic analyses to determine if risk factors create the need to escalate an account for advanced collections efforts
- Audit accounts to ensure required communications are sent to members per state and/or regulatory guidelines
- Follow up with members to ensure timely receipt of accurate, complete documentation
- Assist internal business partners by providing accurate, up-to-date information
- Meet operational service level agreements including individual and departmental delinquency, loss and productivity targets
- Escalate member issues and concerns to internal business partners, as needed
- Maintain foundational knowledge of loan and depository products
- Assist management in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a high school diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a minimum of 1 year experience in banking or customer service and previous experience working in a financial institution preferred, and you have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must demonstrate a professional phone manner and the ability to work independently
- Comfortable working in a restrictive environment requiring extended periods of time at a fixed work position
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet Explorer
- Secondary language skills desirable
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off