Community Lead, Student and Alumni Experience
About the Role
Community Leads are integral to the admissions process, student experience, and operational excellence of our Flatiron School campuses.
● Alongside other Community Leads, you will support the Campus Director to enable our students to create their career.
● In this role, your primary focus will be Student and Alumni Experience. You will be measured on your ability to build a positive student community and cultivate a strong alumni network in line with weekly and monthly targets through events, local marketing initiatives, and partnerships, supported by the Campus Director and the Director of Student Experience.
● Produce events that drive a positive student community
● Ensure all stakeholders are looped into student and alumni events happening on campus
● Be the student ombudsperson. Advocate for the emotional and physical requests of our students
● Be the point of contact for student concerns. This is both for feedback as well as using your emotional intelligence to show students how to be successful during the program
● Administer and analyze feedback surveys. You will work with the Senior Program Manager to use that information to learn how the program can improve
● Cultivate and lead the local alumni network to develop brand ambassadors and identify career opportunities for current and future alumni
● Keep track of student and alumni rosters, calendars, communication lists and more
● Support the Campus Director in making strategic decisions regarding the operational performance of the campus
● Support the development and management of team members, including Technical Coaching Fellows
Experience & Requirements
● 2+ years experience working with students, engaging a technical audience, or building alumni communities
● Fluent local language and understanding of local culture required
● Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask projects through from start to finish
● Ability to run evening events twice per week
● Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
Critical Competencies for Success
● You do what you love!
● Credibility is earned at Flatiron School through execution and getting things done.
● You get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
● Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
● Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
● You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
● You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
● You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
● You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
● There is no room for “I” at Flatiron School. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve “We”.
● Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
● You are open to new and innovative solutions.
● You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
● You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
● You love working with people!
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality.
Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.