Community Manager at Moonrise
WHO ARE YOU?
We're looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is passionate about helping underserved Americans living paycheck to paycheck. In this role you will grow and support the community of our workers who we affectionately call Moonrisers. We need someone who is friendly and patient with good judgment and is able to calmly provide support and solve problems. Our workers come from all walks of life so compassion, common sense, and a professional demeanor are crucial to this role. Eventually this role will help support the strategy to expand into other markets.
You are passionate about helping underserved Americans that are living paycheck to paycheck. You are not afraid to constructively call out when things are not working right. You push back in an effective way that does not limit the team's creativity and also offer elegant ways to solve the problem at hand. You understand the trade-offs between moving fast and resilience and know when to lean more heavily towards one or the other. You enjoy working in a very ambiguous environment. You accept change and moving deadlines with ease and are okay jumping hurdles. Most of all, you love to help others!
WHO ARE WE?
Moonrise is a social impact startup owned by American Family Insurance. Moonrise is a worker-focused, innovative HR Tech platform that uses AI and Machine Learning to rapidly recruit workers for short-term contingent labor positions. We traveled the country listening to financially vulnerable Americans in their living rooms and believe we can solve their deepest pain point - easy access to supplementary income.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Grow the Moonriser community with a focus on economic empowerment
- Create and lead all engagement
- Organize, present at, and run Moonrise events (tradeshows, hiring events, etc.)
- Help establish partnerships with groups that offer services that will help Moonrisers to be able to do their jobs
- Interview and write “Moonriser Profiles” for the Moonrise blog
- Build and manage a social media community around Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Glassdoor and Twitter
- Support a smooth Moonriser onboarding process
- Communicate directly with the recruiting team to help them find the right candidates for client requests
- Bring new and innovative ideas to the team to experiment with
- Help develop a structured process for expanding Moonriser operations outside the Chicago region.
- 5+ years of experience in a community manager or social services role
- Self-driven, organized, creative, and passionate about continually tinkering to make the Moonriser experience better
- Ability to utilize existing relationships with organizations that represent our values
- Skills and passion for social media
- Prior experience at a startup or working within the gig economy
- Exceptional organization, time-management, and follow-up skills
- Experience with Slack, Google Suite, and CRM platforms
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Experience with cross-team communications, including working with the software team to develop tools and fix problems
- Curious and continuous learner: seeks out opportunities for on-the-job learning that will enhance your competencies and contribute to Moonrise’s success
COOL WORK PERKS
- Flexible schedule and remote work options (each week holds in-office and work from home flexibility)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Casual office culture and dress
- Dog-friendly office (with structured pet policy)
- Unlimited, free, high-quality coffee
- Excellent health and dental benefits