Compliance Manager (J.D. Preferred) at Oak Street Health
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:32 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, March 9, 2022
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Manager of Compliance
Location: Downtown Chicago (or Remote)
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing public company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street's care is based on a unique model that is focused on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients' health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care. For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com .
Perform compliance program oversight, risk mitigation for value based primary care businesses, manage compliance projects, programs, and processes and report progress to senior leadership. Particular areas of focus are likely to include employee training, business/operations support, project evaluation, compliance investigations, remediation and monitoring. Areas of expertise should include Medicare/Medicare Advantage, general healthcare billing and coding practices, the federal Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, and other laws and regulations related to healthcare compliance.
- Support CMS compliance through project management and engagement of key stakeholders.
- Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Oak Street Health's commitment to rebuilding healthcare the way it should be.
- Collaborate with key executives to activate a compliance work plan that identifies and prioritizes areas of significant compliance risk.
- Manage multiple concurrent audits and oversight activities; assess the impact of results across the audited activity and, where necessary, devise corrective action.
- Maintain knowledge of current and proposed laws, regulations and guidelines; evaluate the effectiveness of corrective action plans.
- Track audit plan milestones; interact with internal and external clients and regulators.
- Direct the preparation of reports of audit findings and recommendations so that responsible management may evaluate the functions and business units audited and take appropriate action.
- Present reports to management for review prior to release and conduct correspondence for clarification, negotiation, and follow-up as may be requested.
- Prepare and deliver education for teammates on compliance initiatives and policies.
- Proactively identify new risks and projects through various intakes, including regular meetings with stakeholders, business leaders, legal, and external sources.
- Oversee the management of issue intake and appropriate identification, tracking and follow up of all issues.
- Through oversight, ensure internal controls are capable of preventing and detecting significant instances or patterns of illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Support the Development, implementation and operationalization of compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist with investigations, including interview/fact finding and analysis, presentation of recommendations to executive leadership, and remediation/root cause process enhancements.
- Support the business use of protected health information (PHI) in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
We're looking for motivated, experienced individuals with:
- Minimum of 5 years in healthcare industry and well versed in CMS policies, rules and regulations of Medicare and Medicare Advantage Part C and D.
- J.D., Masters in Public Health, Masters in Healthcare Administration or similar graduate degree is strongly preferred.
- Managed care compliance experience preferred.
- Experience with coding and revenue cycle compliance is preferred.
- High degree of interpersonal skills, influence, problem solving abilities and excellent communication skills.
- Strong orientation to deadline and detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Word skills required.
- Ability to plan, develop, and implement compliance-related programs.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- US work authorization.
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky."
What does being "Oaky" look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.