Contract Manufacturing Manager
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Contract-Manufacturing Manager: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country and this explosive growth requires more of a need than ever to assist in leading the management and strategy of multiple third-party manufacturing facilities. This is a highly collaborative role and will work closely with Quality, R&D, Planning, Procurement, Logistics, and Finance Teams.
The ideal candidate needs to have an operations mindset and strong ambition to seek excellence in a fast paced, innovative company. She/he will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day management of the co-manufacturing supply base including the management of new product & innovation initiatives, sourcing/exiting co-mans & suppliers, creating/managing contracts for all new/existing co-manufacturers, resolving capacity constraint areas, delivering year over year cost saving goals and establishing KPI metrics at co-manufacturers sites. Strong analytical and project management skills are a must in this role which requires excellent communication and leadership skills.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Establish best in class knowledge and processes for RXBAR’s production facilities and integrations throughout RXBAR planning systems
- Lead the sourcing and commercialization of innovation products at third party manufacturing facilities
- Ensure correct and consistent processes are followed for all production facilities in partnership with R&D and Food Safety/Quality
- Lead third party contract development, negotiation & execution
- Apply deep knowledge of Food Safety and Quality Assurance standards with adherence to USDA and FDA guidelines
- Collaborate closely with internal supply/production planning to develop accurate supply & capacity outlook while taking production line capabilities and constraints into consideration
- Identify and understand all aspects of contract manufacturers’ leadership, production outputs & financials
- Develop and implement business continuity programs for all manufacturing sites
- Play lead role on identifying and leading continuous improvement programs with recognized annual savings across all manufacturing sites
- Establish manufacturing /production KPIs with internal planning teams
- With Supply Planning teams, document all production processes for labor, line speed, efficiency, yield, and scrap
- Promote a positive and collaborative working environment between all departments in RXBAR and co-mans/packers
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Direct experience in working with contract manufacturers in the food/bev industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business or Operations related field
- 5+ years’ supply chain or operations experience
- Basic knowledge of ERP Systems (SAP/Oracle/NetSuite)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.