Customer Advocate at Sprout Social
We are looking for an all-star Customer Advocate to join our Support Team. Our highly motivated and driven Support Team acts as Sprout’s resident experts to help our 20,000+ customers answer the toughest of questions and solve problems on the Sprout Social platform every day. Over the past 9 years, our Support Team has built one of the most impressive customer service reputations in the industry by providing service that aims to surprise and delight our customers through a solutions-oriented team. We are looking for your drive and creative problem-solving skills to contribute to and enhance our level of service and commitment to our customers.
If you are a top performer with excellent people skills, the desire to dive deep into new technology and have a knack for problem-solving, please apply!
This is a role with career growth potential. We are looking for candidates who are eager to develop their professional and technical experiences, and are ready to take their skills, experience and customer support career to the next level!
- Driven by empathy and a desire to help others
- Proactive self-starter with a high standard for quality
- Natural problem solver
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to consistently be better
- Grounded in composure, patience and optimism
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proven success of customer-facing experience (SaaS Industry experience a plus)
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout Social team members
- Further solidify your training on Support specific processes and tools along with how your role fits into our team and the organization
- Begin to handle customer interactions via email and guided live chats
- Understand department key success metrics and how to contribute towards those goals
Within 3 months, you will…
- Effectively triage incoming inquiries to appropriate internal teams
- Independently solve customer requests through live chat and email channels
- Contribute to team goals by focusing on CSAT ratings, QC reviews, response and resolution times
- Build a strong understanding of inter-departmental communications in order to properly route tickets and follow up on escalated issues
Within 6 months, you will...
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in day-to-day
- Improve internal documentation in order to streamline processes
- Master the Sprout Voice in customer-facing interactions
- Exhibit growing knowledge of our product, processes and tools
- Serve as a liaison to various teams, providing key updates as needed for customer requests
- Be a resource internally and externally, serving as a resident process expert
Within 12 months, you will…
- Serve as a resident expert and go-to person for our team processes and tools
- Continue to consistently exceed expectations in productivity and quality measures
- Increase your product knowledge and troubleshooting capabilities
- Begin building areas of professional expertise
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!