Customer Care Coordinator
Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Customer Care Coordinator
You will work internally with the customer success, account management and product team to help support customer retention, growth and happiness. You will be responsible for critical internal projects to effectively onboard and service our customers. In this role you will help build, implement, and refine the customer success and support process. In short, the entire role is to deliver a happy, satisfied, referring customer. You must be comfortable working at a fast pace and treat the “job” as your own business, and thrive on learning daily.
How you’ll contribute
- Maintain a deep understanding of our solutions, content and the most relevant features/functionality for each customer’s specific business needs.
- Resolve customer support issues quickly using resources from across the company.
Monitoring and Implementation
- Monitor customer usage throughout the customer lifecycle to not only identify and prioritize at-risk accounts but also run standardized plays to mitigate churn.
- Lead efforts in building processes, and procedures that are repeatable.
- Support the resolution of delivery, implementation or technical issues.
- Contribute ideas to overall company strategy and product roadmap.
- Work closely with Customer Success Manager and Account Management teams to ensure effective and efficient onboarding of new customers and drive greater usage/adoption over time.
- Partner with Customer Success Manager and Account Management teams to develop information and data-driven touchpoints for customers to continuously demonstrate value.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback to Product, Content and other teams on how Built In can better serve our customers.
- Interface and collaborate with Product, Sales, Marketing and Executive Leadership to achieve client goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years’ experience in Customer Support or related field, such as Client Onboarding, Client Engagement, or Customer Service.
- Empathy for customers, and a passion for helping them.
- Successful track record of designing, implementing and validating processes and policies.
- Team player with a strong sense of ownership and get things done attitude.
- Strong project-management skills, including great attention to detail.
- Diplomacy and grace under pressure.
- Understand success analytics and are comfortable sharing your success metrics and being held to goals.
Impress us even more
- Past startup experience or strong desire to be at a startup and a part of a growing organization and the challenges that come with it.
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.