Customer Care Specialist
VelocityEHS differentiates it’s offering in the marketplace by providing service and support that is unparalleled in its industry. As a Customer Care Specialist, you are tasked with delivering on that expectation. From front-line general inquiries to technical and product support troubleshooting, you ensure we understand our customers’ concerns and then surpass their expectations in managing them through to their resolution.
The ideal candidate has a passion for customer service and is talented with troubleshooting and customer-facing skills in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment. Our Customer Support Specialist is responsible for managing the customer’s support experience using our products and services, while ensuring that all requests are handled and documented appropriately. You will be expected to maintain ownership of our customer’s individual issues on a case-by-case basis and follow them through to successful resolution.
Additionally, in this role you will have close ties to our Product and Technology team as you work with them to coordinate the resolution of customer issues, improve business processes, and present product feature/enhancement ideas from our customers. The Customer Care Specialist should be eager to learn about all aspects of our business and should be excitedabout interacting with other teams and departments as part of that learning experience. You should apply for this role if youare energized by the prospect of working with customers on a daily basis and are excited about helping them succeed with our products and services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Provide prompt and courteous service to VelocityEHS clients via phone, email, and chat
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to research, troubleshoot and guide customers to a successful outcome
- Study the ins and outs of VelocityEHS’s suite of products and services until you become an SME (subject matter expert) and are able to apply that knowledge to solve customer inquires
- Diligently record all customer interactions in our client relationship management tool, Salesforce.com
- Initial troubleshooting, documentation, and follow-up on all customer issues that may require escalation to CC Support Specialist II, CC Supervisor/Manager or engineering teams (Product Dev or Content Team) for resolution
- Work closely with CC Specialist II and CC Supervisor/Manager to ensure that customer cases are resolved and documented correctly and in a timely manner, with regular follow-up on open, escalated, cases
- Assist the Client Onboarding Team with technical matters during new customer on-boarding
- Identify and understand customer goals and challenges to provide the best possible path to success
- Contribute to the Customer Care Knowledge base (Support Articles – Submission & Updates)
- Identify and appropriately record sales opportunities for additional products and/or services
- Address escalated Customer Survey Feedback responses
- Other Customer Care related duties as assigned
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/ WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in customer service or support role
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience troubleshooting and learning new software quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and internet browsers
- Experience motivating self while working independently; also be an effective team member
- Experience effectively multi-tasking and prioritizing daily responsibilities
- Must be comfortable working 40 hours/week on the phone and with a PC
- Must be able to cover an 8 hour shift, Mon – Fri, between 7am and 7pm CST
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Customer service experience supporting web based products
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving user side product and technical issues
- Experience with CRMs, specifically Salesforce.com
- Technical Support or Helpdesk experience, a plus
- HDI or similar certification
- Familiarity with Acrobat Reader (PDF documents)
- Proficiency with multiple browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
At VelocityEHS (formerly MSDSonline) we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.